Premium Fuel

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

thatJeepguy

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Its freeway/highway driving. I'd imagine I do more of that than most so I wouldn't expect my mileage to diminish when I'd be willing to bet most people here have short commutes or do more city driving than highway driving, particularly when looking at the miles driven threads and knowing how few people have even gone over 5k on their trucks.

Of course laying into the throttle will guzzle the gas.. but all things being equal if I can keep my RPMs below 1.8 I feel like for this truck I should be seeing better fuel economy similar to others here, especially since elevation and (to date) climate does not play a role in my mileage.
You’ve obviously never rolled 37’s…

BalorGrayJax

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You’ve obviously never rolled 37’s…
Probs should read the posts before commenting. Won't hold it against ya. Either way though, the k02 35s vs 37s are an almost negligible difference from a power to weight ratio. It's not the same as going 35 k02s to some true 37" M/T etc.

jamanrr

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Probs should read the posts before commenting. Won't hold it against ya. Either way though, the k02 35s vs 37s are an almost negligible difference from a power to weight ratio. It's not the same as going 35 k02s to some true 37" M/T etc.

Uh yeah, don't think that is what he was talking about. More than likely he was referring to the nearly 2 inches more diameter which will reduce gas mileage and increase the ODO reading faster than the smaller radius 35 inchers even though they are roughly 35.5 inches or so. Put some 40s on there and see where you mileage goes

BalorGrayJax

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Uh yeah, don't think that is what he was talking about. More than likely he was referring to the nearly 2 inches more diameter which will reduce gas mileage and increase the ODO reading faster than the smaller radius 35 inchers even though they are roughly 35.5 inches or so. Put some 40s on there and see where you mileage goes

Wat.. the.. fuq? Lmao. Put the weed down my man.

jamanrr

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Wat.. the.. fuq? Lmao. Put the weed down my man.

Guess Trig and Math is also smoke worthy, carry on. If you are worried about gas mileage in any Raptor and I have owned 2 of them then you should sell immediately.

Maybe I should have said aspect ration the larger that ratio is on a larger tire the MPGs go down and the ODO speeds up.

BalorGrayJax

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Guess Trig and Math is also smoke worthy, carry on. If you are worried about gas mileage in any Raptor and I have owned 2 of them then you should sell immediately.

Maybe I should have said aspect ration the larger that ratio is on a larger tire the MPGs go down and the ODO speeds up.

Lmao. Dude. Adults are typing on the forums, talking first world problems. I think you need to keep your dreams and weed in your moms basement for a few more years. Then go back... read... you'll get there. I believe in you.

thatJeepguy

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I re-read your posts so i get what you mean now. But i will submit that 35 to 37’s is a pretty decent jump. There is a pretty big law of dimishing returns once you get past 33’s . 38’s- 40 is even more so. I was blown away getting anything above 16.5 on 35’s. Coming from jeeps my whole life its awesome to get that milage on a truck twice the size with twice the room and power. I guess beauty is in the eye of the beholder. I mean just look, you have a tesla and a rivian.

jamanrr

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Lmao. Dude. Adults are typing on the forums, talking first world problems. I think you need to keep your dreams and weed in your moms basement for a few more years. Then go back... read... you'll get there. I believe in you.

I only get let out on the weekends and I have a card for the weed.