Prediction: Raptor R ends up casualty of Ukraine/Russia war…

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GordoJay

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Thanks. What immediately comes to mind is whether these are approvals of things in the pipeline that were too far along to easily cancel? I'm curious.
I've attached a spreadsheet with Year One analysis for both administrations.
Sorry. Not opening a zip file. This is the internet, after all. :)
Alternatively, Google the following words and pick any news source you prefer: "oil permits biden trump"
You know, if this is true, it's fu*king hilarious. Only with the help of the fake news could this be hidden from us.

GordoJay

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Trump gets a lot of $hit for being fast and loose with the truth a liar, but Biden is equally untruthful if not more so.

My take is that Trump mostly spoke in hyperbole, exaggerating wildly, but expressing an underlying truth in a memorable way. Technically, it was lying. Biden's lies don't strike me the same way. They appear designed to deflect and dodge and distract. But then, it's mostly not Biden anyway, it's all he can do to read a teleprompter.

There’s little excuse, he’s got varsity handlers. Not as good as ‘bama’s handlers, but very good, astute political operators...

Barry's handlers had a lot more to work with. Like an actual functioning mind. I think ***** Joe's handlers have their hands full just keeping him on the reservation.

Edit to add: D o p e y? Seriously? Because D o p e? WTF? This PC BS is getting old.

grendel

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So, no pun intended, but if we drill down on the permits approved or are currently underway, how many of the 2020+ permits approved are worth pursing?
If you have this answer, the entire oil industry wants to talk to you (and let me know so we can both become billioniares :headbang:). It's unknown. That's the risk. Same this year as every year.

I note also that the partisan defenders of Biden are now out in force - literally every audio, video and internet outlet offering the very same talking point; that Biden’s regime has “9000 approved permits” waiting for companies to use. That’s clueful information. Not what’s being said, but how often it’s being repeated and by who.
I'm apolitical on the matter, but the "Biden is chocking off the oil industry" or other such nonsense is just that. It's not factual. Both sides use a remarkable amount of ********. Trump wasn't some huge oil industry supporter either.... It's all just nonsense. Regardless, our petroleum industry is doing exceptionally well and poised to do even better. As I am heavily invested in them, I benefit too. So am I biased, a little, but everyone (including my portfolio) would probably do even better if we toned down the ********. Back to my original point, drilling, drilling permits, additional extraction will do exactly nothing on current gasoline prices.

So truthfully there is no stroke of the pen relief to an oil crisis, regardless of who’s heading the executive branch. But, there is a definite effect in dissuading companies from pursuing leases in the first place, and there’s definitely an impact to the very public positions the current regime has undertaken.
Sure. But that's not unique. Personally, I think there is a balance where we can expand oil exploration and, at the same time, keep them from ******* up the places I camp, hunt and fish. Again...if we could just put down some of the partisan BS, we would all do better as a country (and economy).

Is it Biden’s FAULT for high oil prices? It’s not Putin’s fault, no way, no how. Biden lit the match, and his henchmen fanned the flames pushing prices higher and higher since day one.
You lost me here. Trying to assign blame for global commodity prices is folly. And pointless outside of political theater. Influence the price...sure. But good luck quantifying it.

There is more to it than open, outstanding permits to drill not being operated on.
Of course. I never said otherwise. But saying that Biden is impeding oil exploration isn't accurate. Certainly some areas (read ANWAR and other 'sensitive' areas) will get clamped down, but the next effect isn't a decrease in extraction. We're still adding capacity. We are still a net exporter. That hasn't changed. We are a net exporter of crude. We are the world's #1 exporter of refined petroleum products (and have been for something like 10 years). That's not changing.

If you have other data that suggest Biden's policies have had a measurable impact on oil extraction, please push them my way. I'm not defending any of his policies, but there is no data to suggest otherwise. :shrug:

grendel

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks. What immediately comes to mind is whether these are approvals of things in the pipeline that were too far along to easily cancel? I'm curious.

Sorry. Not opening a zip file. This is the internet, after all. :)

You know, if this is true, it's fu*king hilarious. Only with the help of the fake news could this be hidden from us.
Hah! Totally get it. I wound't open that file either. Regardless, the raw data is there in the first link. Biden is no more of an anti-oil industry than trump was pro-oil. Trump wasn't some kind of pro-oil guy. He did a few things that made for interesting television, but nothing that had a significant impact on extraction. He probably did more harm than good...but that's a different conversation. Again...almost all of this Biden / Trump oil price stuff is pure political theater. Those two clowns have almost zero impact on global demand/supply and the associated prices. This is especially true for domestic gasoline.

Edit: approvals are just that....a blessing by the BLM. Nothing really happens until they are granted (there are exceptions). more importunely, often drilling permits are not acted on immediately..sometime for years. Sometimes never.

New recaros

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Nearly all those permits were started before Biden got in office and used his pen to try and kill the oil&gas industry. He also banned fracking on public land which makes most of the permits useless. Maybe at this price they can drill, but why take the risk? You need pipelines to carry it to market. Canada could have provided the needed oil. But, no pipeline to haul ADDITIONAL volumes from what is being trucked today. Thanks Brandon. Guess who owns most of the trucking companies hauling the crude from Canada. Warren Buffet! Who ever puts the most money in the pot wins. We should all insist on term limits for the politicians.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
Sure. But that's not unique. Personally, I think there is a balance where we can expand oil exploration and, at the same time, keep them from ******* up the places I camp, hunt and fish. Again...if we could just put down some of the partisan BS, we would all do better as a country (and economy).
There absolutely is a balance, or should be.
You lost me here. Trying to assign blame for global commodity prices is folly. And pointless outside of political theater. Influence the price...sure. But good luck quantifying it.
Biden was wagging his finger today blaming Putin for higher fuel costs. It’s been steadily increasing before ’22 and the guy has historically been quite good at soundbites over the years. Gaffes notwithstanding, he’s an accomplished press hound. As has been mentioned before, a lot of the oil market is speculation. The guy with the ability to put an emergency hold on drilling operations on federal lands saying in a press conference “I’m holding all federal drilling leases” ( this is not a quote, making an example ) causes oil prices to spike. Oil companies seeking leases on federally controlled tracts who know the dogfight it will be to weed through the increased red tape won’t sink time and effort for what is likely to be a doomed effort.

Opec did this to us for decades. Opec would meet, announce a production cut and the next day, fuel prices would be increased even though none of the ‘more expensive’ commodity had even made it to the station yet. Futures would spike, and eventually oil would go up at least for the short term.

Of course. I never said otherwise. But saying that Biden is impeding oil exploration isn't accurate. Certainly some areas (read ANWAR and other 'sensitive' areas) will get clamped down, but the next effect isn't a decrease in extraction. We're still adding capacity. We are still a net exporter. That hasn't changed. We are a net exporter of crude. We are the world's #1 exporter of refined petroleum products (and have been for something like 10 years). That's not changing.
I disagree. I believe Biden’s actions as president have impeded exploration, but as to how much that affects extraction is something I’d like to see quantified; it’s not nothing.
Nearly all those permits were started before Biden got in office and used his pen to try and kill the oil&gas industry. He also banned fracking on public land which makes most of the permits useless
I have heard similar stories from local friends who work in oil, not sure the extent to which this impacts what they’re doing though.

New recaros

FRF Addict
Reaction score
He killed the drilling because we need oil pipelines to get the oil to markets. Pipelines are WAY safer than trucks to haul oil. We need fracking for the wells to produce more. Their idea was, get oil prices and energy prices up so the green sh.. is more competitive. The dip sh..s should have built the greener energy first. Did you know, oil is 100% organic!

thatJeepguy

FRF Addict
Reaction score
If you have this answer, the entire oil industry wants to talk to you (and let me know so we can both become billioniares :headbang:). It's unknown. That's the risk. Same this year as every year.

I'm apolitical on the matter, but the "Biden is chocking off the oil industry" or other such nonsense is just that. It's not factual. Both sides use a remarkable amount of ********. Trump wasn't some huge oil industry supporter either.... It's all just nonsense. Regardless, our petroleum industry is doing exceptionally well and poised to do even better. As I am heavily invested in them, I benefit too. So am I biased, a little, but everyone (including my portfolio) would probably do even better if we toned down the ********. Back to my original point, drilling, drilling permits, additional extraction will do exactly nothing on current gasoline prices.

If you have other data that suggest Biden's policies have had a measurable impact on oil extraction, please push them my way. I'm not defending any of his policies, but there is no data to suggest otherwise. :shrug:
Lol ok Biden shill.

RaptorND

Reaction score
I really don’t understand how anyone really believes Biden is promoting and deregulating oil production at home. It was an obvious priority to shut down oil on day one as soon as possible and the markets reflected it right away. No coincidence that the oil market shifted from trump to Biden. Big green initiative Is driven by money to be made by invested politicians and sold as saving the planet. Democrats have openly campaigned on their anti oil intentions. Anyone saying that announcing immediate increases in output of American oil “ won’t do anything in time” is wrong. The market reacts on futures weather is positive or negative news. Also, I’m pretty sure Elon musk is not an idiot when it comes to all things energy; him calling for increased oil production at home for the short term problem I’m sure has merit. So when they spin Biden as an innocent bystander that doesn’t influence oil production policy at home is just Spewing “ non sense”

gkrane

Full Access Member
Reaction score
@grendel there isn't an oil company in the US that is comfortable putting large amounts of capex into wildcatting around only to get chopped off at the knees by this administration when the current crisis has lost it's political usefulness. I feel very sorry for the masses who have to suffer because they are being fed some bs that global freedom and our values is going to require a sacrifice from the american workforce. If you like to google, go search up Chuck Schumer ranting about $3 a gallon gasoline.