GEN 1 PPI worth it?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

NERAPTOR

Reaction score
Hi,

Would it makes sense to get a PPI done even though Im buying it from a ford dealer? Great service history also.

Thanks

COBRA90GT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It wouldn't hurt to have an independent shop/mechanic give it a look prior to purchase just to make sure there are no "surprises" if you aren't comfortable checking it out yourself...g'luck !

laselvasurf

Reaction score
It depends on how much of a ppi you can do. I didn't get one on my Raptor, but I did when I bought my X5M as it is a far more complex vehicle and well out of my skills to know if anything was off. Gen 1 raptors are relatively basic vehicles, so you can see pretty quickly when something is off.

85eurocarrera

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I did, but truck was 1k miles away from me.

they also put truck up on lift and did FaceTime with me. That alone was worth the $150. Mechanical I can work with, rust is another story.

if truck was local to me, I’d look over in person. Depending on vibe I got and how accommodating they were to let me look underneath, I’d have a 3rd party look it over.

good luck! Waiting for mine to be delivered.

Ricoman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
YES...worth every penny.......the Dealership 21 point inspection done by some kid isnt worth squat.
Expensive truck,expensive parts...spend the $100-$150 IF its the one your leaning towards....worth the piece of mind.
Mine was 1800 miles away,so couldnt even look it over other than photos,so found a shop and owner was OK with driving it there.Truck was a 90% in my eyes just from photos,and the vibe from seller was fantastic.Shop called me next day,gave it a 99% out of 100 and I wired the $$ next day.....when it arrived thought I'd bought a brand new raptor (50K miles on it)....the $$ spent on the PPI gave me the piece of mind..even if the truck was in next town,and I could of checked it myself,having a pro do it is 100% worth it.