Power Tailgate Noise….

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jh225

Reaction score
Brand new 2022 Raptor.

When open, push the power tailgate button, gate rises and makes a really loud snapping/popping noise right before it closes.

1st time I heard it, I thought the cable lug snapped or some sort of similar issue.

Does it every single time the gate closes.

I can’t imagine they all do this, right?

Gadgettt

Reaction score
My new 22 model also made the same noise at first. After using it more its down to a simple click. Could never ever figure out what it was.

Littlefx4

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Searched before I posted without finding anything.

Link?
I could scroll through 20+ pgs of threads and find it but that would leave no fun for you! I’ll give you a nugget…you only have to dig about 3-4 pgs deep. We were just talking about it so it shouldn’t be that far down.

blwn

Full Access Member
Reaction score

CTK59

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
New Mexico, it ain't "new" & it ain't "mexico"
Brand new 2022 Raptor.

When open, push the power tailgate button, gate rises and makes a really loud snapping/popping noise right before it closes.

1st time I heard it, I thought the cable lug snapped or some sort of similar issue.

Does it every single time the gate closes.

I can’t imagine they all do this, right?
That's loud snapping/popping noise is the small animal being crushed in tailgate! :joke:

Keshka

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That's loud snapping/popping noise is the small animal being crushed in tailgate! :joke:
Could not get mine to do that if I tried. She has some sort of sensors back there if anything (like the pull strap for my tonneau cover) laying in the way, it starts then beeps and lays back down never touching the strap.

savela

Reaction score
I have the same noise. It's normal or extremely common. Either way, besides the noise, mine operates perfectly.