Power Steering Pump went out!! Any ideas??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Raptor Embroidery

aka <b><font color='darkorange'>Raptor_Al_41</font
Reaction score
Well it started today over at my buddy's house. We parked and talked for a while. Went to start it and It started but power steering was out. No warnings at all on the dashboard. So popped the hood and checked everything. I checked all the hoses and belts. Everything checled out okay. Then I tasted the power steering fluid and taste normal so et verything checks out. Truck has 19000 miles on the clock. Taking it to Ford tomorrow to have it checked out.

beemerman

FRF Addict
Reaction score
If a car comes to my shop with this complaint, first thing I check is the pump. Possibly the shaft is broken. Usually if you can pull out on the pulley just a inch or so this may be the problem. Just a thought. Jack

SPRSNK

I Void Warranties
Supporting Member
Reaction score
They go out. It is a warranty item and will be covered. Mine went out on the last Raptor Run. No biggie imo.

OP
OP
Raptor Embroidery

Raptor Embroidery

aka <b><font color='darkorange'>Raptor_Al_41</font
Reaction score
If a car comes to my shop with this complaint, first thing I check is the pump. Possibly the shaft is broken. Usually if you can pull out on the pulley just a inch or so this may be the problem. Just a thought. Jack

Alright thank you! If I pull out on it, will it make the belt slip off?