Power source for third brake light in shell / cap

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

magstar67

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I put a camper shell / cap / topper on my '13 Raptor and need a source for power for the third brake light in the cap. I have heard there is a wire for this purpose somewhere...possibly in the engine bay or passenger side kick panel area. Anyone know where it is and what color it may be?

As a side note, I also need a power source for a dome / courtesy light for the cap too if anyone knows a convenient place to tap into that circuit too.

Thanks.

Attachments

• raptor camper 1b.jpg
    raptor camper 1b.jpg
    79.4 KB · Views: 5,819
  • raptor camper 2b.jpg
    raptor camper 2b.jpg
    87.7 KB · Views: 6,341

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
i dont have any 13 info, but i do have the 12. as far as i know, the wires have not changed colors.

the brake light is at the bcm in the passenger kick panel black 52 pin plug (B) pin 28 purple/white (+)
as far as the dome light goes i need to know how the aftermarket setup is wired. but the dome light wire (at the dome light) is grey/purple (-) there should also be a constant power there too. it can also be found at the bcm as well. 12pin plug (A) pin 1
also you may need to wire a relay to it if current draw is too much.

i have pictures if you need

dataustin

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Mag,

Just had an A.R.E. she'll installed and they wired the 3rd brake from the bundle just below the tailgate using a quick disconnect for convenience (I get photos this weekend). As to the internal lights, I plan to use one of the Aux switches.