Potential first raptor, any and all advice appreciated.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tbmojo

Reaction score
Hello all,
I've test driven this 2013 scab a couple of times and am doing a PPI this Saturday. The shocks are in tough shape and need to be rebuilt, other than that it runs and shifts well. It's a northeast truck- there is plenty of surface rust on the undercarriage and there's a decent gap in the service history which is worrisome. The rockers are solid.
It has 113,00 miles and the dealer is asking for 29,999. The market is brutal at the moment and with the high mileage and price near the top of my budget i'm unsure if i should just let this one go. It looks to have some mods that the previous owners put in.
As experienced owners, i'd appreciate any help finding potential problems/things i'll miss looking for. I'm coming from a 2020 ranger which has treated me well but i've always wanted a raptor. I've included the carfax, some photos of mine and the dealer listing.
Thanks very much

Attachments

• tempImageVUwGZB.png
    tempImageVUwGZB.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 19
  • tempImagew86hhg.png
    tempImagew86hhg.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 19
  • tempImage55gWJE.png
    tempImage55gWJE.png
    1.6 MB · Views: 21
  • tempImageHBOFhr.png
    tempImageHBOFhr.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 20
  • tempImageaVCTLH.png
    tempImageaVCTLH.png
    936.7 KB · Views: 20
Last edited:

P4SHOCAT

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I would do a car gurus search, 200 mile range. See what is out there and price range. Few years ago, I found my 2013 on car gurus. I don't think I could spend 30,000 on a truck with that many miles.

Irregular F150

its terrain good sir!
Reaction score
Im just a state above ya and rust sucks!!

Agreed with above id do a search for something with less rust. Looks like a shock may possibly have a leak also. Thats sad to see. I have a higher mileage ‘13 and its been great, yeah i paid just over book for it but no rust sold me.