GEN 2 Possible Relocation to Cali

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
tical

tical

Reaction score
People are leaving man at a rate of 2 for every one incoming. Uhaul is charging 2500 to rent trucks that leave California while other states charge about 300 entering California.
excellent! just what i want to hear! more land for my raptor and golf simulator!

GT3_Bill

Reaction score
People are leaving man at a rate of 2 for every one incoming. Uhaul is charging 2500 to rent trucks that leave California while other states charge about 300 entering California.
And the income leaving vs coming is 500:1

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DinduMcNugget

Full Access Member
Reaction score
And the income leaving vs coming is 500:1

Yup, have you heard of the proposition where they want to tax the outgoing income of former Californians? I’m probably mistaken but I remember them saying at a certain point anyone who leaves will still have their income taxes if it was within 10 years or something. Can’t be legal. SMH California. Beautiful state to live in but so many problems. I’m an idiot for buying a house her so I’m not solving any of those problems

GT3_Bill

Reaction score
Yup, have you heard of the proposition where they want to tax the outgoing income of former Californians? I’m probably mistaken but I remember them saying at a certain point anyone who leaves will still have their income taxes if it was within 10 years or something. Can’t be legal. SMH California. Beautiful state to live in but so many problems. I’m an idiot for buying a house her so I’m not solving any of those problems
Yup, wouldn’t be the first state trying an exit tax.

The rules for establishing residency outside CA are insane! I went over it with my CPA and you have to seriously cover your bases for a couple years after you leave. And still plan on getting some nasty letters from the FTB.

OP
OP
tical

tical

Reaction score
Yup, wouldn’t be the first state trying an exit tax.

The rules for establishing residency outside CA are insane! I went over it with my CPA and you have to seriously cover your bases for a couple years after you leave. And still plan on getting some nasty letters from the FTB.

Man, you guys are really depressing me.

Don S

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Often, you can look up the parts you installed at the manufacturer's website and see if they ship to California or say not legal in California.