GEN 2 Possible Relocation to Cali

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tical

Reaction score
Few questions for all the Cali Raptor owners. My team is looking to relocate to Cali, more specifically San Diego. My 2020 Raptor 802a has the "California Emissions System" but I had mod it with CAI and IC. Do I need to uninstall this and put back the stock parts?
Will i pass inspection going forward if i choose to leave the mods in? Should i be aware of any State laws regarding mods in Cali?

TerribleONE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It depends on what FMIC and CAI you have. If your parts are CARB approved you will be fine.

FordTechOne

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Hope they’re paying ya double to cover the insane taxes/cost of living!!!

curious why an IC would make a difference though either way?

CA is crazy. The privately owned inspection stations (called “SMOG Only stations) look for anything that is not stock and then fail you so that you have to come back and pay the $50-$100 inspection fee again.

Note: Having CARB compliant components is not sufficient; they need to have the CARB label attached to them. I had an inspection station fail me for my CARB compliant K&N intake because I didn’t have a sticker on it.

OP
OP
tical

tical

Reaction score
CA is crazy. The privately owned inspection stations (called “SMOG Only stations) look for anything that is not stock and then fail you so that you have to come back and pay the $50-$100 inspection fee again.

Note: Having CARB compliant components is not sufficient; they need to have the CARB label attached to them. I had an inspection station fail me for my CARB compliant K&N intake because I didn’t have a sticker on it.
What a kick in the balls.

ItsAMe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Few questions for all the Cali Raptor owners. My team is looking to relocate to Cali, more specifically San Diego. My 2020 Raptor 802a has the "California Emissions System" but I had mod it with CAI and IC. Do I need to uninstall this and put back the stock parts?
Will i pass inspection going forward if i choose to leave the mods in? Should i be aware of any State laws regarding mods in Cali?

How many miles are on it?