Plug wires?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ruger

FRF Addict
Reaction score
"Increase power to the spark plug up to 400% over stock"
"Adds up to 15HP (normally aspirated) & 35HP (s/c, turbo, & nitrous)"

Creative Marketing Alert!

MTF

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I don't think the wires are your problem of rough idling.
What makes you think it is the wires?

And I guess you have to buy two sets for a Raptor. LOL
Just kidding!!!

Last edited:
OP
OP
svtraptor13

svtraptor13

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Don't think it's the wires for the rough idle, just a thought of giving it more spark to smooth it out. Was in to the dealer last week and they diagnosed a slight misfire on #4. They said my truck already has the latest flash and that there was nothing they could do at that point. Have to wait till it throws a code. This is why I was curious.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Perauto

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Granetelli stuff is as good as Recon shit,the dealer should be able to look at the truck and easily tell the issue if not find another Ford dealer.

Ruger

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I am really doubtful. With two spark plugs per cylinder, I have serious doubts that aftermarket wires will make any noticeable combustion chamber difference. And when a company touts horsepower gains from a product like this the needle on my BS meter pegs every time.

I don't know how many miles you have on your Raptor, but I think that it is far, far more likely that a spark plug change is your solution rather than wires. I suggest that you buy two factory spec spark plugs and install them in #4 cylinder and see if you notice a difference.

Last edited:
OP
OP
svtraptor13

svtraptor13

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That's what I figured. Also with a truck with 2 plugs per cylinder, and overhead cams the idle should not be as rough as it is. Worse when warm can feel it in the seat real bad at times. If they say my truck has the latest TSB flash, I guess I don't really know what they can do either until it throws a code.

---------- Post added at 07:53 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:52 AM ----------

It's a 13' with 11,500 miles

Stepside

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wow, a dealer did not want to ($pend the time) properly diagnose the problem . .?

Shock & Awe ..

and is why I own an Auto/Enginuity so I can plug into the vehicle & laptop and see 'real-time' happening now.
Maybe, with an volt/ohm meter, work backwards from the spark plug.
~ or ~
Like Perauto said: "Find another Ford Dealer"
Good Luck and let us know what caused the #4 misfire.
"