Plowing with a Raptor?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BIRDMAN

Birdministrator
Reaction score
it's feasible but wouldn't make any sense. you would have to chop most of the front bumper and/or skid plate to mount the thing...then you'd have to worry about the squishy suspension and being able to keep it straight while plowing.

OP
OP
sharpertouch

sharpertouch

Full Access Member
Reaction score
it would just be for light private driveway stuff. plus i wanna make a custom bumper/skid mod anyhow. would be the perfect excuse to tell the wife y i need to take the raptor apart for a custom bumper.

ps take a look at what i used to plow with. squisshy? ha.

RATS

Reaction score
sorry but i have a plow in my truck before and i sold the plow and i by a honda blower . the job is faster and clean. i live in new brunswick canada and in winter he fall 5 to 7 feets of snow.a blower ,,,,a good blower is cheeper and beder job.

IRONMAN

Reaction score
it would just be for light private driveway stuff. plus i wanna make a custom bumper/skid mod anyhow. would be the perfect excuse to tell the wife y i need to take the raptor apart for a custom bumper.

ps take a look at what i used to plow with. squisshy? ha.

Is that a SnoWay plow?
I had one on my 2001 screw and did contract plowing with it. No noticable damage to the frame but won't put one on this $45k truck.
But that's just me..
Been thinking about buying an older truck with a plow cause I use to love plowing.
The hours sucked but FUN.
Plowed for 6 years.

JP7

Likes Canadian Mudbaths
Reaction score
Yeah - dont do it. The marshmallow suspension won't like it, although the horsepower can push a 10' drift up a hill all day long.
Best to get a beater to push snow...

OP
OP
sharpertouch

sharpertouch

Full Access Member
Reaction score
idontknow guys.
ironman - yeah its a snoway plow with a custom drop mount i made for it to accomidate the 8" lift.
jp7- cant afford to insure a beater which i already have. plus all the fixings i have to do to her with no time to do them.

Batman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just dont know about doin this to a Raptor, but hey, its your money and your truck. I think you will have to do some modding not only cause of the bumper, but the suspension as well. I dont really suggest it.

JP7

Likes Canadian Mudbaths
Reaction score
idontknow guys.
ironman - yeah its a snoway plow with a custom drop mount i made for it to accomidate the 8" lift.
jp7- cant afford to insure a beater which i already have. plus all the fixings i have to do to her with no time to do them.

Understood. If you make money by plowing - you need to have it insured which means having a reliable vehicle that runs in the snow (===$$$). The money earned must exceed the amount spent maintaining the ride, and that doesnt't always work out so good.
Plow trucks that last are almost always solid axle 3/4 or 1 tons. If you can pick up one cheap to take care of your plowing needs you will be better off.

As of last night, I have 12" of snow in my driveway and it don't matter, because even with the 25 degree incline, 2 s-turns, my Raptor eats it up in 2wd!