Pismo Dunes

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Kyle

Reaction score
Hey guys!!! When are we gonna do a camping trip at Pismo? Its getting so hot everywhere else. The dunes are super fun (just ask Mark and Brian). Pismo has a few massive bowls that are like a football field in diameter and you can really have fun once you get the flow of the dunes!!! It was a blast in my HD so its gotta be fun in a raptor. Off Road mag (the best mag) does lots of testing and article shoots out there. Enjoy the beach, etc...... Just keep your truck out of the water and dont drive on the dunes when the sand is damp from the sea mist in the morning and any sign of rust is never an issue at all.

So whats it gonna be?............Pismo? or Pismo?

And im bringing my motorcycle....Any raptor owners with dirt bikes or quads out there?

BigJ

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I'm in!

My schedule has me out of town the next three weekends (May 8-9, May 15-16 and May 22-23) but after that I'm free and clear.

I'm pretty sure Dan would be in too, but he's also out of town for the next weekend or two as well.

Whatcha think? May 29ish??

MarkT

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I might be able to make it... but isn't the 29th Memorial Day weekend? I'd expect some pretty big crowds that weekend...

BigJ

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Good point Mark.

Would we be thinking about camping on the beach, or at a campsite?

bstoner59

does it come in shmedium?
Reaction score
Just down the beach from the OHV area I believe there is a campground and it's a street-legal offroad area (according to my book).

OP
OP
K

Kyle

Reaction score
Ya most camp between the dunes and the ocean, but there is a beach front camp ground as well!

MagicMtnDan

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I suggest Oceano Dunes instead :D Link: Click here

Welcome to Oceano Dunes State Vehicular Recreation Area (SVRA). This sand dune complex is geologically unique and also provides an impressive playground for off-highway enthusiasts from throughout the United States. One of several OHV areas administered by the California Department of Parks and Recreation, Oceano Dunes also offers visitors other recreational activities such as swimming, surfing, surf fishing, camping, and hiking.

I gotta check my calendar when I get back from Shanghai but I'm interested for sure. I need to get my Viair air compressor first though as airing down (and back up) is a necessity.

I'm still thinking about going to Meh-hee-ko for the Baja 500. Gotta check that date too.

By the way, there are (or were) a number of quad/ATV rental places out there. Riding a quad in the dunes is more fun than a barrel of monkeys :)

SVTCALI

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey guys! I will be out at pismo the weekend of May 21st - 23rd with a big group of people camping. I will definitely be bringing my Raptor! All are welcome!