Picking up my Gen 1 tomorrow!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Livernois Motorsports

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Great find man. Honestly in my opinion I always felt best mod to start with is a tune. Something you can feel the difference in when you drive. It can also make the throttle a little more touchier for you. Also it will remove a lot of the truck's torque management and allow more power get down to the ground. Let me know if you have any questions we have the only aftermarket camshaft for them and we carry the better oil pump gears on these which is another common issue on the 6.2's. My name is Jake call us at 313-561-5500

ex_q90_w680_h_unnamed-2.jpg

Reaction score
Just pry out the old ones and install those. I wired it from the puddle lamp hole. There a slight trick to getting the puddle lamps out, but I'd done that before.

I grabbed the turn signal +12V using a Posi-Tap on the rear facing signal wire, and wrapped the ground wire around the puddle lamp ground lug before I plugged the puddle lamps back in.
second part of that is all gibberish to me so may need some help lol.

EricM

FRF Addict
Reaction score
You can wire it up to run off the turn signal that is rear facing on the mirror. You can also hook it up to be a running light, but I didn't want that and you'd need to pull a new wire for that anyways.

So to make it work as a turn signal, I tapped the +12V wire going to the rear facing turn signal. I used a Posi-Tap. https://www.posi-products.com/posiplug.html

It worked very well since there's not much access to the wire and there is no excess slack. The Positap allows you to slide the small portion on the wire and then thread the longer piece on. Totally ideal for this application. They are good, solid taps too.

Instead of tapping the ground wire too, I just wrapped the ground wire of the new light around the puddle lamp ground post, then stuck the terminals back on the puddle lamp, pinching the ground wire tight.

Reaction score
You can wire it up to run off the turn signal that is rear facing on the mirror. You can also hook it up to be a running light, but I didn't want that and you'd need to pull a new wire for that anyways.

So to make it work as a turn signal, I tapped the +12V wire going to the rear facing turn signal. I used a Posi-Tap. https://www.posi-products.com/posiplug.html

It worked very well since there's not much access to the wire and there is no excess slack. The Positap allows you to slide the small portion on the wire and then thread the longer piece on. Totally ideal for this application. They are good, solid taps too.

Instead of tapping the ground wire too, I just wrapped the ground wire of the new light around the puddle lamp ground post, then stuck the terminals back on the puddle lamp, pinching the ground wire tight.

thanks for the detailed explanation. regarding the puddle lights, you are talking about the light meant to illuminate downwards when the door is open right? if so i'm def thinking about at least replacing the bulb w/a nice bright led one, is that pretty easy to do?

Anthony k

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Great find man. Honestly in my opinion I always felt best mod to start with is a tune. Something you can feel the difference in when you drive. It can also make the throttle a little more touchier for you. Also it will remove a lot of the truck's torque management and allow more power get down to the ground. Let me know if you have any questions we have the only aftermarket camshaft for them and we carry the better oil pump gears on these which is another common issue on the 6.2's. My name is Jake call us at 313-561-5500

JAKE!!!

OP
OP
philosoraptor

philosoraptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Anyone have any comparisons between this and a pedalmax?

Livernois Motorsports

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well our tune does make a touchier throttle response we also carry a throttle enhancer if you want to dial it more in to your liking. But the throttle enhancer will make it touchier then the tune. But most people who want a tune on the vehicle start with that and see if they still want a touchier pedal then purchase a type of enhancer

tltoronto

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Truck looks awesome! Take care of it and it will give you miles of fun. Id say number one thing to do to our truck would be a tuner. makes the shifting in the truck much nicer, firmer and doesn't drop to 6th at 30mph. lose the mirror reflectors, it will clean it up well, and definitely get some auxillary lighting if you plan on offroading it. The basic halogens suck offroad. Last deal, just get the frame reinforcements for above the bumps in the rear and youll be good to go!