Picking up my Gen 1 tomorrow!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

philosoraptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was lucky enough to find a super low mileage Gen 1 with only 5K miles on it. Question now is what are the first must basic do's with the truck?

Also looking for some Gen 1 beadlocks if anyone knows of some for sale!

OP
OP
philosoraptor

philosoraptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
A Pedal Commander is a nice first item to install. It definitely improves the throttle response. "Don't leave home without it".

Ok nice I put a pedalmax on my GT350 and seemed to be a nice adder! Haven't tried the Pedal Commander brand yet.

Gary E

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Easy install. Plug and play in a matter of minutes.

Also, a tailgate 'Pop n Lock' is a must. Tailgate locks/unlocks when doing the doors. Saves theft of tailgate. Ford tailgates take about 30 seconds to steal. Replacement is over $1,000.

Skyfrog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
And the mods begin...

Depending on your wallet and the ride you want, there is a seemingly endless list. Here are a few of the things I did...so far:
  • I have the Pedal Commander too
  • Fuse 27 relocation (A must do)
  • JLT or similar Oil Separator
  • Replace all interior and exterior bulbs with LEDs - The puddle (mirror) LEDs really are really worth it. Everything is so much brighter.
  • Front and rear cameras with Power Magic Pro or similar - I went with Blackvue Dual Cameras, just watch a few Russian crash videos to understand why;
  • Line-X Bed Liner and/or Bedrug / Bed mat
  • When needed: Odyssey 65-PC1750T Battery, watch for sales.
  • Bed cover: ReTrax Pro MX; Back-Flip, etc.
  • Geiser springs up front, (mid-perch depending if you want the front higher)
  • Deaver Leafs Springs or similar in rear (I got Deaver +3, which is a 1" height increased height in rear)
  • Camburg or similar shackles to replace OEMs (when replacing the leafs)
  • Bump Stops (when replacing the leafs)
...the list goes on, and gets more expensive.

Sozzy12

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Better built rear seat release and under seat storage. Backlit SVT emblems are cool. Adding a winch soon myself.