Picked up my 2014 Raptor

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TheWolf

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey Wolf, you and I must have been on the same wave link on that Monday cause I changed my order to a Tux SE also on 11/25/13. The SE interior and the wheels are what did it for me, I had originally ordered silver with beadlocks on 11/06/13. OP congrats on the new truck and thanks for posting pics.

pat247, have you gotten a build date yet? I just found out today that mine is scheduled for the week of 1/20 which is insane since I ordered it 9/20. Had no idea it would take 4 months just to get built. With another 4-5 weeks on a train, I likely won't get mine until end of February or beginning of March.

2014Rappy, when did you order yours?

pat247

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I have no build date yet, hopefully sometime in the next month that will happen. I expect to get my Raptor around March.

mudblood

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Nice rig. First mod that will only take you 10 minutes, pop out the amber mirror reflectors, scuff with green 3M pad and spray with a low gloss black.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Actually on black with all the amber lights I like the amber reflectors. It matches well with everything else. I say...... Don't take that suggestion in consideration.

And your truck........ Simply outstanding.

Last edited:

locktech

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That's a long time Wolf. Had to be that the dealer didn't have an allocation. That is something they should be required to disclose to the buyers on these SVT vehicles!

I too like the mirror reflectors on the black. I need to see a black raptor with them blacked out.

Stang

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I could see your guys point on a black rig. Here it is on white..... So much better.

ehamu9yb.jpg

Here's my go to paint for anything black on the truck. Been using this for years on various vehicles. Goes on even, dries super quick and always holds up really well. It adheres to anything, metal, plastic, chrome, etc. This works really well on the exhaust if you want it blacked out. Would never even think about peeling.

4ejata2a.jpg

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
OP
OP
2014Rappy

2014Rappy

Full Access Member
Reaction score

I didn't order mine, I knew the dealer had one on order so I got lucky to have one of the first 2014 Raptors to hit the lot. And i will post some more pics.

Last edited:

SuperRaptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
pat247, have you gotten a build date yet? I just found out today that mine is scheduled for the week of 1/20 which is insane since I ordered it 9/20. Had no idea it would take 4 months just to get built. With another 4-5 weeks on a train, I likely won't get mine until end of February or beginning of March.

The order got pulled and it isn't scheduled for until 1/20 to be built? :Insane: That doesn't sound quite right timing wise. Takes about 3 weeks for a truck to get to the PNW so it wouldn't be until the middle of February.

TheWolf

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The order got pulled and it isn't scheduled for until 1/20 to be built? :Insane: That doesn't sound quite right timing wise. Takes about 3 weeks for a truck to get to the PNW so it wouldn't be until the middle of February.

It is a long time from pull to build but I also heard that they close the factory for two weeks at Christmas (not sure if it is true or not) so this may be part of it.

I checked on the last three Raptors (2013's) to arrive in Spokane and two of them took 3 weeks and one took 5 weeks. Probably just depends on how long they have to wait for a train car to fill up with trucks for this area. Hopefully mine is closer to 3 and not 5.