GEN 2 Photos - 2019 Velocity Blue vs 2017/18 Lightning Blue

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CatchMeOffroad

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Velocity Blue is much lighter than Lightning Blue, and does not have the same depth. 2019 Raptor is an M-plate, not production vehicle...so it has some safety decals and other things a production truck wouldn't have. Notice the tailgate applique grey lettering on the 19, as well as the new style Sirius/XM antenna. Also, it's hard to tell from the pictures but the front door handles on the '19 had small buttons on them like other OEMs use for locking the doors from the outside of the vehicle. I have a quick video of the two on IG (@bad_rap_gen2).20180905_175015.jpg 20180905_174942.jpg 20180905_174934.jpg 20180905_174927.jpg

OP
OP
CatchMeOffroad

CatchMeOffroad

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Lighting blue looks much better and I don’t care for the new appliqué look.

Have to laugh at that exhaust on the 19

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That exhaust is ugly... hope that’s not the production exhaust

It's not the production exhaust on the '19 - those are marmon flanges welded onto the exhaust pipes for chassis dyno testing and emissions measurement. They are just vehicle test instrumentation.

OP
OP
CatchMeOffroad

CatchMeOffroad

Full Access Member
Reaction score
is it just the camera playing tricks or did the 19 seem higher in the back?
Yes it does seem higher but that's mainly because my truck (lightning blue) has 1.75" perch collars up front so the front sits much higher (see front view pics). The back is stock height so the truck has a bit of "squat", hence being lower in the rear.

rtmozingo

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I have to go to the dealer Friday, while they won't have 19s I'll try to get a comparison of Agate vs Shadow black. Thanks for the pics weezy - pretty much confirming all the aesthetic changes are for the worse.

OP
OP
CatchMeOffroad

CatchMeOffroad

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have to go to the dealer Friday, while they won't have 19s I'll try to get a comparison of Agate vs Shadow black. Thanks for the pics weezy - pretty much confirming all the aesthetic changes are for the worse.

So far I am not impressed with any of the '19 colors or aesthetics - but I am still hopeful for the Performance Blue color. If it is anything close to the color they show in all the Ford Performance photos, I will be super thrilled. Let us know what you find out about the Agate Black color :headbang:

Reaction score
Looks like the base wheels have changed slightly too on the 2019. Picture 3 is best view, where you can see the spokes flare out at ends compared to the 2017/2018 which are straight.