GEN 2 Photos - 2019 Velocity Blue vs 2017/18 Lightning Blue

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Helopilot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What I am curious about is the rear bumper. Are those just red reflectors or are they illuminated?

Last edited:

ameration

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looks like the base wheels have changed slightly too on the 2019. Picture 3 is best view, where you can see the spokes flare out at ends compared to the 2017/2018 which are straight.

True - pic of stock wheels off of my 2018 that was just delivered a couple weeks ago below for comparison.

F4B675E4-D020-49C8-97F1-D2D7BC81A8EA.jpeg

OP
OP
CatchMeOffroad

CatchMeOffroad

Full Access Member
Reaction score
And are we sure this is velocity blue and not the ford performance blue?
I am guessing it is Velocity Blue based on a quick google search showing the mustang in this color. Performance Blue should more closely resemble the vehicles in the Ford Performance ads (showing the whole family lineup). It is a lighter, more silver version of Lightning Blue.

Jtnuge

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I noticed the wheel change also. I like my 17's better. The new ones are not bad, theynmay look better in person. I however like the 19 beadlocks better than the 17-18's. I will keep my lighting blue though.

rtmozingo

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Saw agate black today. Sorry I have no pictures, but it is metallic like tuxedo black, but much less so. On a scale of Tuxedo to Shadow, it is about a third away from Shadow. Definitely can tell it is more silver/gray than shadow, and it has about 3x the flake density of shadow. That said, they are the same size, unlike the massive flakes of Tuxedo.

I much prefer shadow, but agate will probably be easier to keep looking clean.

TXRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I do not like the blue antenna off to the side of the Raptor in the last picture. Is that new for 2019?

My 2018 has the black oval antenna in the same place.