Finally! New owner of a 2019 Performance Blue!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Wilbur

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone, wanted to introduce myself and my new-to-me raptor! It also happens to be my first truck ever!

Backstory for those interested:

I’ve always liked how Raptors looked (wide fenders/stance, etc.) Didn’t know much else about them until the end of 2019. Through my work I had built up a good relationship with the wholesale/fleet manager at a Ford Dealer and when he came by one day I decided to ask him about them. Told me a little about them and then offered me any new Raptor at invoice. Went home, did a ton more research, and I went to test drive one. I instantly liked it… The problem was I just couldn’t bring myself to trade in my Audi RS7 for it. I didn’t want 2 car payments, but I didn’t want to get rid of the RS7. I reasoned that I’d give it 18 months so I could comfortably afford to have both cars and pick up a 19/20 Raptor for even less... August 2021 rolls around and I decided it was time. Until I looked at prices and realized how big of an idiot I was in 2019!

I was very set on finding a 19/20 Blue Raptor with Recaros and Beadlocks. Briefly considered a 17 Raptor but when I test drove it I realized I didn’t want to “settle”. Found a few 19s out of state priced reasonably but they had questionable histories. Had a deal all set up on one until the dealer went cold on me and I finally found out it was wholesaled to another dealer. Finally found one 2 hours from me on the week of thanksgiving. It did have a few small scratches/door dings, but it was a one-owner and it was the best driving one compared to the others I had driven. Made an offer there on the spot and the dealer said no way. We went back and forth for 4 weeks until we met smack dab in the middle at less than my original offer.

Here’s what I got:

2019 Performance Blue. SCREW, 802a, 19K miles, Recaro Interior, Moonroof, Bed Cover, etc. I paid $68k for it. Not entirely thrilled with the price, but it was the right one for me, and who knows when this market will go back to “normal”.

I’ve had it for 3 weeks so far and I’m so happy with my decision. I drive it every chance I get. RS7 is still staying in my garage, but man does this Raptor do everything so well! So far I’ve done front tint, short antenna, and painted the Beadlock rings silver just to change things up. Within the next few months I want to do an intercooler (must have in FL), Goosetune, Deavers, and probably a DSC Controller for the Live Valves. Also want to look into Fog lights and additional reverse lights. Am I missing anything, or is there one you suggest doing before the others?

Oh, and pics to prove its not a prius.

Attachments

• RS7-Raptor.jpg
    RS7-Raptor.jpg
    275.4 KB · Views: 175
  • PB-Raptor.jpg
    PB-Raptor.jpg
    279.4 KB · Views: 172

K223

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Welcome aboard. Yes I read the whole book you wrote, but it was good background and all lol. So your a blue type of guy. That Raptor is a beauty and the car is nice too! Your list of mods looks good and certainly need help with cooling in the hot FL summers down here. Since you mentioned Deavers. Do you want to level the truck as well? The DSC sounds interesting. Heard good things anyway.

Enjoy that beast.

2slo4u

Full Access Member
Reaction score
so wait, maybe I misread your post but you said you got it for less than your initial offer?

My wife wants an RS7 but we went with the Raptor first....haha

OP
OP
Wilbur

Wilbur

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Welcome aboard. Yes I read the whole book you wrote, but it was good background and all lol. So your a blue type of guy. That Raptor is a beauty and the car is nice too! Your list of mods looks good and certainly need help with cooling in the hot FL summers down here. Since you mentioned Deavers. Do you want to level the truck as well? The DSC sounds interesting. Heard good things anyway.

Enjoy that beast.
Lol, sorry about the book. Haven't decided if I want to level it or not. I kinda like the stock rake.

OP
OP
Wilbur

Wilbur

Full Access Member
Reaction score
so wait, maybe I misread your post but you said you got it for less than your initial offer?

My wife wants an RS7 but we went with the Raptor first....haha
Yes I did. I originally offered $69k in the moment after driving it and they said no. They texted me here and there, and finally I told them $68k and they agreed. Probably could've pushed harder but I didn't want to lose it.

RS7 is a ton of fun. I didn't have the best of luck at first with reliability, but thankfully warranty covered most. Nothing is cheap for that car tho, not even regular maintenance.