Phoenix Android Radio 4th Gen PX6

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rayofsi

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
just ordered a px6. thanks for all that information in the thread

lateralis

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’ll tell you...

sergey firmware with Car web guru is a great combination.

I'll need to check that out. I put Nova launcher on for a bit but I honestly didn't know what to do with it. Like cool I can access apps easier but pretty much everything I use is already programmed to the main buttons up top.

melvimbe

FRF Addict
Reaction score
@melvimbe What kind of crazy apps are you using that aren't continuing to work with Android 8.1? I figured I'll have at least 3 years before I even remotely think about upgrading the unit and at that time.. hell maybe even to a new Raptor.

Life360 is the app I recently looked for, but wasn't available in the appstore. It is on my android phone. This a gps tracking app I use to track where my kids are, and I thought it might be useful to track the truck. (I know that can be done with the Ford Pass app)

I have noticed that apps I do have never get updates the way they do on my phone. I did not see away to turn on auto updates, or manually update. I could uninstall and reinstall, but that will wipeout app configurations, or it may not eve be in the store?

Personally I don't use probably 75% the functionality that this thing offers. Mostly big ole maps and a music player. I mean... playing videos is cool but I'm not using it while I'm driving.

This is the same for me. I use a 3-4 different music apps, 2 nav apps, most of the time. Never really watch videos. I occassionally use some fast food apps, and there's some smart home control apps I use occassionally.

Before sergey's software, the launcher was a must. Took too long to get to apps, and most of the toobar icons were useless. With sergey software, I rarely go to the home page/launcher screen. I could live with using the firmware's method for getting to apps.

OP
OP
G

Guy

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
my beef with the top toolbar is that it has a bunch useless icons. Is there a way to remove them? I’d rather not look at it!

CWG launcher works pretty seamless and does some pretty cool functions like a weather widget, has some nice trip gauge functions, etc. it’s more than just a launcher. You’ll have to install it to see what I mean.

Life360 is the app I recently looked for, but wasn't available in the appstore. It is on my android phone. This a gps tracking app I use to track where my kids are, and I thought it might be useful to track the truck. (I know that can be done with the Ford Pass app)

I have noticed that apps I do have never get updates the way they do on my phone. I did not see away to turn on auto updates, or manually update. I could uninstall and reinstall, but that will wipeout app configurations, or it may not eve be in the store?

This is the same for me. I use a 3-4 different music apps, 2 nav apps, most of the time. Never really watch videos. I occassionally use some fast food apps, and there's some smart home control apps I use occassionally.

Before sergey's software, the launcher was a must. Took too long to get to apps, and most of the toobar icons were useless. With sergey software, I rarely go to the home page/launcher screen. I could live with using the firmware's method for getting to apps.
I'll need to check that out. I put Nova launcher on for a bit but I honestly didn't know what to do with it. Like cool I can access apps easier but pretty much everything I use is already programmed to the main buttons up top.

lateralis

Full Access Member
Reaction score
my beef with the top toolbar is that it has a bunch useless icons. Is there a way to remove them? I’d rather not look at it!

CWG launcher works pretty seamless and does some pretty cool functions like a weather widget, has some nice trip gauge functions, etc. it’s more than just a launcher. You’ll have to install it to see what I mean.

I'm not positive but with Sergey's FW I heard you can remove top row buttons if you wanted. If you straight up don't want to see it just go into settings and toggle on auto hide top bar. I have mine auto hide top and bottom when the nav is on. After that if you need it just swipe down/up at where the bar used to be to get it to pop up if you need something. Only thing tricky is it stay up for like 5-10sec even if you are scrolling through so it can be a little annoying.

melvimbe

FRF Addict
Reaction score

You can remove some of them in the configurations. I can't remember exactly where they are, but the descriptions for these are pretty good. After this and picking the theme I wanted, I pretty much have the icons I want without having to swipe to the other screen.

I will give CWG a try. Nova Launcher is fine, but it would be nice to get something a little more auto oriented. I saw that it also had a music player, which would be nice, since the one in the PX6 isn't to my liking. I pretty much use Amazon for that though.

I'm not positive but with Sergey's FW I heard you can remove top row buttons if you wanted. If you straight up don't want to see it just go into settings and toggle on auto hide top bar. I have mine auto hide top and bottom when the nav is on. After that if you need it just swipe down/up at where the bar used to be to get it to pop up if you need something. Only thing tricky is it stay up for like 5-10sec even if you are scrolling through so it can be a little annoying.

I vaguely remember seeing that. It's several pages back now, but there are instructions on how you can create your own icons to add and remove the toolbars manually too. I have them setup, but never use them anymore, since I like my current toolbars. I was mainly hoping they would fix an image formatting issue in Amazon music...but it did not.

OP
OP
G

Guy

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
you are one connected guy. Is there anything you don’t carry?

If you guys are interested in gear from Phoenix let me know I'm a dealer for them as well. They are literally within 30 minutes from me so getting stuff quickly will never be an issue.

lateralis

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you guys are interested in gear from Phoenix let me know I'm a dealer for them as well. They are literally within 30 minutes from me so getting stuff quickly will never be an issue.

I just want to know where the damn KEY1 wire is on my harness since my random wires aren't labeled lol... :(

Hush Car Audio

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I only sell parts at a discount sorry. All the tech questions like this have to be directed to them. I don't carry NavTV products since the owner won't allow me to sell products online. I can pretty much sell every other brand out there.