Perch or Spacer?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MurciToRaptor

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
For those that did the Top Perch please share your feed back. Are you happy with the Top Perch adjustment or the Spacer is the better way to raise the front? Thankx in advance.

Humvee21

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I think you'll find that most if not all the guys here did the perch adjustment

OP
OP
MurciToRaptor

MurciToRaptor

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score

BigJ

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Hey didn't see this till now. Here's the route I took, and why: http://www.fordraptorforum.com/f5/leveling-front-spacers-not-perch-adjustment-5235/

I'm not entirely sure that Bilstein link applies to us. They mention that spacers limit up travel due to bump stops; we don't have any in the location they say would limit travel.

They also say that spacers limit down travel, but those concerns don't apply to the Raptor either; its been measured and shown that there's plenty of room in the Raptor's suspension to allow for the extra droop.

I'm sure that's a good general info source, but I don't think it applies to us. And anyway, given that they're trying to sell you their products, I doubt we're getting the whole story in the first place.

OP
OP
MurciToRaptor

MurciToRaptor

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thank you for the info BigJ. I'm at the Middle Perch now and the Raptor is scheduled to raise up to the Top Perch next week, hopefully my wheels/tires will clear then.