Perch Mod Discussion

Mid perch or no?

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JDUB

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Still on stock perch after 2 1/2 months. No burning desire to go mid perch yet.

Yeah, I prefer the stock perch "cush ride" over mid-perch. The only reason I went to middle was to bring the front up and eliminate some of the rake.

Before going to the middle perch I tried all kinds of experiments with lowering the rear to adjust the rake I wanted (level / little prerunner stance) so I could keep the front on stock perch.

Didn't have much luck! Lowering the rear enough to accomplish the wanted stance diminished the travel tremendously, which was not an option.

jackrook

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Just called RPG and they said if going from stock to mid, no alignment is needed. If you want one, it wouldn't hurt but per PRG it is not necessary.

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

Aaron

Meme Corps Commandant
Reaction score
Just called RPG and they said if going from stock to mid, no alignment is needed. If you want one, it wouldn't hurt but per PRG it is not necessary.

Yeah I didn't do one when I went mid. I didn't see any weird tire wear or anything either.

EwanS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
never saw or felt the difference other than more suspension noise - it looks far better on mid - and as long as fox designed 3 grooves it would be mean not to try the middle one wouldnt it ?

banman12

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Hmm, I have always heard you need an alignment after any adjustment. I wish this was the case, but I will probably just have the $100 alignment done instead of finding out down the road my $1400 tires are unevenly worn.

OrangeAddict

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Hmm, I have always heard you need an alignment after any adjustment. I wish this was the case, but I will probably just have the $100 alignment done instead of finding out down the road my $1400 tires are unevenly worn.

When I changed my perch not so long ago, the alignment definitely needed to be done.

Steiny

Reaction score
So..... I had an alignment..... Did the mid perch and then had the alignment checked again and it was out..... Alignments by dealer?..... Not saying this is right or wrong...... Just my OCD side sharing my experience.....

MTF

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The guys at Krazy House Customs did my Mid Perch Saturday, and they said only the Toe needs adjusting after Perch
and when they did the alignment that is all that needed to be done. Caster and Camber does not change much, still with in specs.

EwanS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
the common misconception is that your truck is perfect from the factory "WRONG"

The first thing to get done for any vehicle is to check and realign - its usually the last thing to do on your list, but its definately not a priority in the factory - the tolerances are huge at that stage....I had a car that would go in circles on its own .....3 days after new !

On the trucks it is way more difficult to determine where there is an issue and tires are generally far more forgiving that a set of 35 profiles - so worth doing - yes - panic ? No

Steiny

Reaction score
Which is why I had it done when I picked it up and then again after the mid perch ..... It was way out from factory and the wheels were way off balance too....