Perch Mod Discussion

Mid perch or no?

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tonka

Reaction score
Just called my local 4wd shop and they had told me the last few 2013s they've tried doing had no perch adjustments.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

Blind1

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I just search Snopes.com & truthorfiction.com, and they're still researching this phenomenon...

Until I either hear it from Wiz, Hockster or Pirate I will still consider this to be a RUMOR...

Steiny

Reaction score
Did this mod in 90 mins with hand tools....... Thanks to the forum and video..... You guys rock..... I also did not undo the tie rod..

Mooner

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I did the mid perch on my 2013 yesterday and was the hardest/easiest thing I have done to a new vehicle. RPG video was great so thanks to them. The issue I had was there was dirt in the set screw hole so I sprayed some stuff in there to get it out. Then managed to strip the damn thing. I then pounded a torx head into it which was working until it snapped off. After some choice words drilled it out and slid it upto mid perch. Thank God the set screw wasn't necessary. This would have been simple if not for the smallest part of the thing. went to passenger side and set screw backed out very easily go figure. Thanks for all those that have given advice in the process. This is a must do now waiting to see if alignment is ok or not. Also tierod was alot harder to get off passenger side took alot hits but came off.

Last edited:

JDUB

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I did the mid perch on my 2013 yesterday and was the hardest/easiest thing I have done to a new vehicle. RPG video was great so thanks to them. The issue I had was there was dirt in the set screw hole so I sprayed some stuff in there to get it out. Then managed to strip the damn thing. I then pounded a torx head into it which was working until it snapped off. After some choice words drilled it out and slid it upto mid perch. Thank God the set screw wasn't necessary. This would have been simple if not for the smallest part of the thing. went to passenger side and set screw backed out very easily go figure. Thanks for all those that have given advice in the process. This is a must do now waiting to see if alignment is ok or not. Also tierod was alot harder to get off passenger side took alot hits but came off.

Do the alignment! I was one of those guys who didn't think it needed to be aligned. My truck rode like shit for 2 months and was considering putting it back to stock perch. The guys on here convinced me to have an alignment done and it fixed all the issues I was experiencing :hands:. Now, Perfect Ride!!

There's a thread on here for alignment specs. Search, Alignment specs. I believe the thread was created by Pirate Air.

Steiny

Reaction score
I don't want to be " that guy"..... But it amazes me, when you purchase an SVT vehicle, that the guys on here know more than the service advisors....

Glad I found out about this forum....)))))

Rookie

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
They have to work on a variety of vehicles and raptors probably come in few and far between. Not to defend their stupidity sometimes but I wouldn't expect them to know everything about all the vehicles they work on. We only have to worry about one so we can learn everything about it.

RajunCajun37

Banned
Reaction score
drive it stock for like 2 months, it felt like I was driving a tank at first. Hard to navigate and hard to park, It's HUGE

after a few weeks it felt smaller and I got more comfortable. Started driving more aggressive, you know? I did the mid perch my 2nd week. Happy as a pig in shit ever since :poop:

Looks better, rides better, drives better, alignment is better
I loves me sum Mid Perch :3638400157_e7de35b0

BTW , Volkswagen and Audi guys know way more then the technicians do too. Pizza boy makes pizzas, sandwich artist makes sandwiches. But when you love what you cook you become a Chef. Automobile enthusiast have a passion for cars and trucks. Technicians MOSTLY just want money for their time. Do the mid perch, bra. Lower perch trucks look defective.

4777e0b6-c806-654b.jpg

:wizserious: