Pensacola Flooding

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Wilson

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I met Swoop for lunch today and on my way on base the gate guard asks if I was the one splashing in puddles last weekend... Well, yeah..I guess you could say that... We were on base during the flooding so I figured he saw us cruising around. Turns out Swoop sent some pics to the local newspaper and the guy tells me he recognized my "hood scoops" from the pics. Since we were in the rap taking pics there were a few shots with a glimpse of the hood... Kinda funny that he recognized the truck based on that!

I notice hood scoops myself

OP
OP
swoop1156

swoop1156

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I highly suggest taking a look at your diff fluids. Make sure they aren't milky.

I will 2nd this... I'd say its time for some diff breather extensions! Don't want to chance it with that expensive locker out back. :waytogo:

Either way, glad to hear you guys (and your house) stayed dry!

Hmm... Aren't the breather lines up above the bottom of the bed? Mine were in my 2010 and 2011. I'll have to get under there and look, but for what I know (which is usually a lot, but I've been wrong many times), there is a nice little hook/hole type thing that it snaps into.

stevenstommyboy1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wow

I worked at NAS for a year for public works in 08/09 time frame and we have a house in Gulf Breeze off of 98. Have seen several storms that have caused a lot of flooding like this in the area. We had one in 04 spring before the hurricanes that locally dropped 14 inches at my house. Our whole condo area was flooded. Knew it was going to be a bad year after that. Glad all are safe and the guards (rent a cops) are goofy fellas. Were you there for the tornado on base a few years ago. saw it go right over our heads at public works. Fun

Wilson

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I didn't have to gravel my drive way this year usually do because of lake poinsett and mickelson dam they put in I'm thinking it is more mickelson dam they opened it this year so water had a place to go. it's just over $5k every time it floods hope they run the dam better from now on or just blow it out of their it was put in for ducks. pic soon to fallow

---------- Post added at 10:09 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:44 AM ----------

these pic's aren't the worst but give you an idea 09 was bad but are off my pc already so hear are some from 11
3184-img-1513.jpg

---------- Post added at 10:10 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:09 AM ----------

3183-img-1483.jpg

---------- Post added at 10:14 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:10 AM ----------

3182-img-1468.jpg

what sucks is this could for the most part be prevented by not having dams in places they don't belong I have one more pic of poinsett with their dam in place keeps water out but also keeps if form leaving haha

---------- Post added at 10:18 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:14 AM ----------

this is of poinsett about 8' over full
3185-img-1744.jpg