Pending New Owner! (Philly)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dspangler

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You will want to make sure that you see all the things to look for on the 17 - mid 2018. There are plastic oil pan leaks / cracks, transmission tuning tweaks, valve cover issues (cracks, and inner baffle issues), and the known cam phaser failures. Make sure you look it over with a fine tooth comb and not stuck with a lemon. Speaking of that, look to make sure it was not a lemon/buy-back as they are out there. If you see nothing related to cam phaser work (program update / swap recently), I would stay away as you don't want stuck with a $5k plus bill for it in the future.

jamesstone1933

Reaction score
Man I would respond but some of your words are out of a Gen1 guys vocabulary knowledge realm. Keep on Keepin on I guess

OP
OP
piracy

piracy

Reaction score
Done deal. OTD @ 51k (66k miles) with an 802A Shadow Black '18 802A. No dual moon roof though. I kinda low-key was interested in the roof, but as every previous vehicle I had they all have drainage issues.
Caught a few warranty issues and recalls that need to be done. Hopefully it'll be delivered to my office today or tomorrow. Oddly enough, Insurance is a downright steal for her living in South Philly.

Space Ghost

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Done deal. OTD @ 51k (66k miles) with an 802A Shadow Black '18 802A. No dual moon roof though. I kinda low-key was interested in the roof, but as every previous vehicle I had they all have drainage issues.
Caught a few warranty issues and recalls that need to be done. Hopefully it'll be delivered to my office today or tomorrow. Oddly enough, Insurance is a downright steal for her living in South Philly.
Good deal, honestly a rare find to get an 802a without a moonroof, and especially since used, better off without it imo.
Did you check it out in person?

OP
OP
piracy

piracy

Reaction score
Good deal, honestly a rare find to get an 802a without a moonroof, and especially since used, better off without it imo.
Did you check it out in person?
I did. Testdrive felt good. Nothing felt springy, faster was smoother. No shudder (21N03, N08 and PCM were addressed and replaced within the last 3 weeks).
My knowledge is novice at best when it comes to Ford. My life was AutoX VW's and 13B's. Trucks are new to me. My Losi SBR2.0 doesn't count, but I've built the shit out of those shocks and dampers, lol.

P4SHOCAT

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Good luck with the truck. Get some anti theft devices and carry a weapon at all times. Philly is crazy with all the car jackings. Pics or you got a Prius.