Peeling hood decorations

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

John Butler

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don’t know how to describe what happened but my detailer used high pressure water on my hood Raptor. Staring to peel, what glue should I use to it fix. C53A6638-F101-4EC2-8440-63C6616A1B96.jpeg

So-Cal-Al-52

I Love Fossil Fuel
Reaction score
You could also order new from Rappygrahpics. But you will eat the cost, I think they are a few hundred dollars. I wouldn’t glue them back on.

Irregular F150

its terrain good sir!
Reaction score
Idk why they would use a pressure washer over graphics/stickers in the first place. The detailer should be responsible but sometimes that doesn’t happen. Trying to glue it back will just cause a mess and probably bubbles also possibly ruining the clear coat/paint (depending on adhesive used)

The only thing i can think of at the moment is to clean and dry the spot well and use a hair dryer and try to stick it back on. All depends on how it came off you may get lucky

melvimbe

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Idk why they would use a pressure washer over graphics/stickers in the first place. The detailer should be responsible but sometimes that doesn’t happen.

A pressure washer really shouldn't pull up the vinyl lack that. I'd guess that it wasn't really on properly to begin with. And assuming it's factory decal, installed by Ford, it should be under warranty. If's aftermarket, I might take it to who ever installed it. If you did it, then I might talk to whoever you got the graphic from. They may just send you a new one to avoid any bad PR.

Trying to glue it back will just cause a mess and probably bubbles also possibly ruining the clear coat/paint (depending on adhesive used)

Agreed.

The only thing i can think of at the moment is to clean and dry the spot well and use a hair dryer and try to stick it back on. All depends on how it came off you may get lucky

That's not a bad idea. However, if the adhesive wasn't on properly to begin with, it won't go on right this time either.

Irregular F150

its terrain good sir!
Reaction score
A pressure washer really shouldn't pull up the vinyl lack that. I'd guess that it wasn't really on properly to begin with. And assuming it's factory decal, installed by Ford, it should be under warranty. If's aftermarket, I might take it to who ever installed it. If you did it, then I might talk to whoever you got the graphic from. They may just send you a new one to avoid any bad PR.

Agreed.

That's not a bad idea. However, if the adhesive wasn't on properly to begin with, it won't go on right this time either.

We have taken them off with our pressure washer and its just a lowly 2300 electric one lol. Granted they were damaged to begin with. Not trying to argue just what ive delt with personally at work. Good point on the warranty, thatd be a good route to try.

Right, i was just tossing out an idea.slim chance i know.

melvimbe

FRF Addict
Reaction score
We have taken them off with our pressure washer and its just a lowly 2300 electric one lol. Granted they were damaged to begin with. Not trying to argue just what ive delt with personally at work. Good point on the warranty, thatd be a good route to try.

Right, i was just tossing out an idea.slim chance i know.

I've always been rather gentle with my pressure washer on the truck, so I suppose I don't have a good frame of reference. Just seems like you would have to hit it hard and at a specific angle to get it to lift up.

FordTechOne

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Take it to a place that adds clear bras. The will clean it and add a bit of activator and squeeze it back down. Don’t use glue.
Agree with this. Don’t try and glue it, you’ll end up with a wrinkly mess that will trap air bubbles and water under it. If they can’t fix it, the graphic will need to be replaced. Warranty doesn’t cover damage.