Pedal Commander Stuffs

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jhollowell

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had similar experiences as others with it not working and throwing my truck into limp mode. I was getting a throttle position error or something like that. Scanner cleared it a few times and then it finally crapped out and would keep tripping the code. I unplugged it and was fine. I've since bought the Banks Pedal Monster and for the last few years, no issues.

Don S

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I bought a Pedal Commander when my 2019 was new. It worked well. I believe I had set at City 1 or Sport 1. About two months ago, I was driving up a grade and the dash lit up like a Christmas tree. It went into a limp mode, and it said several things were not available, if I recall, it was parking brake was limited, ATS, shift modes and a few other things. I stopped the truck, shut everything down and restarted and it was still there. So, I shut everything down again, open and closed the door and locked the truck. After that, it went back to normal. On two more occasions within a month, it occurred again. I resolved it again by turning everything off again.

A poster on here said it may have been caused by a dirty connection on the electric parking brakes at the rear rotors. I haven't had a chance to check that, but I have been cycling the parking brake which I never use.

Yesterday, I installed the Cobb Accessport. Before installation, I had to remove the Pedal Commander. After I removed it, I started the truck to make sure everything was working before installing the Cobb AP. The dash lit up and there was no throttle response. I shut the truck off and restarted and the issue was gone. For me it was too coincidental that when I removed it the issue occurred.

I'm not an electronics kind of guy and was a little nervous about installing the Cobb AP and making a mistake. I watched 5 You Tube videos on the install and felt comfortable. However, all the videos on You Tube were apparently made before the TCM tune was added to the AP. Once the ECM loaded successfully, a window came up that was not in the videos. I called Cobb and was told to select OK and then the TCM install started and ran just like the ECM install.

I have to say, the Cobb AP Stage 1 install only really woke my truck up. It wasn't a feeling of a spent a lot of money and it felt faster, it really is quicker and shifts much better.