Payload SUCKS!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

The Real Coolbreeze

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hmmmmm........ my GT500 did in fact, totally suck off-road. My SLK55 sucks off-road even worse. That being said, I have to say, in all seriousness, the payload on my 13 Raptor, TOTALLY SUCKS! I looked in the user manual and glanced at the gvwr on the door pillar when I bought and everything kinda looked like my 12 f150 so I figured "cool! It's the best of everything!"... Then I put trailer brakes on it on the way home and...... now I'm starting to think I may have spent a bit too much time down by the creek frolicking with my daughters imaginary pet unicorns ... This is REALLY not much of a truck truck. Reality came crashing right in for me fairly quickly.....
So, that being said.... without ******** up the road handling (since that's what I really do with this thing), are air bags gonna be my best bet?

911 Crazy

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
haha ok I’ll bite; which one did you mean? Maybe you should have googles your own word. Oh yeah and just get the HD deaver’s already; what you need is specifically what they were designed for, increasing your payload.

portentous
adjective

por·ten·tous | \ pȯr-ˈten-təs \
Definition of portentous

1: of, relating to, or constituting a portentsuspense, portentous foreshadowing, hints of sinister and violent mysteries— Francine Prose
2: eliciting amazement or wonder : PRODIGIOUS
3a: being a grave or serious matter portentous decisions
b: self-consciously solemn or important : POMPOUSportentous declamation unsalted by the least trace of humor— W. H. Pritchard
c: ponderously excessive that discipline's overwrought, portentous phrases— R. M. Coles

pretentious
adjective

pre·ten·tious | \ pri-ˈten(t)-shəs \
Definition of pretentious

1: characterized by pretension: such as
a: making usually unjustified or excessive claims (as of value or standing) the pretentious fraud who assumes a love of culture that is alien to him— Richard Watts
b: expressive of affected, unwarranted, or exaggerated importance, worth, or stature pretentious languagepretentious houses
2: making demands on one's skill, ability, or means : AMBITIOUSthe pretentious daring of the Green Mountain Boys in crossing the lake— Amer. Guide Series: Vt.

You boys still at it I see. You need to go to the ice cream shop and each get a cone and go to the playground and swing awhile. Geebus.

OP
OP
Pokahpolice

Pokahpolice

Reaction score
I think you are all, especially if you live in the east, missing the real question here. Where the hell exactly are these hundreds of miles of logging roads? I’m dying to drive on them. Are they open to anyone? Ty

Just head North of Moosehead and they'll never find you.