Pay 5k ADM on 21 Arriving In Late Dec/Jan??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jazroc56

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I recognize that for most folks paying an ADM is a nonstarter. Heck I’ve never paid sticker on a vehicle let alone markup. But in these trying times purchasing a vehicle that is tangibly available rather than waiting on an order and dealing with all the variables that comes with timelines and supplies issues, it seems to be the new norm. My question is, is that same rational reasonably applicable to a 2021 raptor that arrives in late December or January? Obviously the value of something is based on what others are willing to pay for it, but I’m wondering realistically how much leverage I would have to renegotiate the deal based on such a late arrival and the fact that the 2022 models will already be in production at that point. I’ve only put down a small refundable deposit so I have liquidity in the deal. It’s LFG which I recently found out was limited edition for 2021…don’t know how much that matters. But yeah…what do y’all smart folks think? Thanks!

dspangler

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The question for you is if you have to have a new vehicle now. Vehicle prices will come back to reality as the market tank is coming in the next year or two (based on historical). I also am very skeptical of these covid builds… using labor that may be inexperienced, and parts from backup suppliers (due to main supplier capacity restraints). It just doesn’t feel like a good time to buy a vehicle.

OP
OP
jazroc56

jazroc56

Full Access Member
Reaction score
5 grand is the MOST I'd pay given it is a Raptor and supply and demand. It will sell for that easy.
I said the same, 5k max on a vehicle that’s here and now! But I’m just questioning the validity of that rationale on what will be a previous year model…

ReconReggie19

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Reading all these ADM stories for the past few months about everyone's experiences buying a 21' Raptor. Im starting to think and worry that these Stealerships are gonna price me out of the upcoming Bronco Raptor. Guess I'll be driving my Gen2 until the wheels fall off:mf_pcwhack:

maxr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've never paid sticker or over before either but my perspective is that for high demand, low supply vehicles like the raptor, the pricing leverage the dealers have will persist for 2+ years due to the backlog of parts creating a shortgage of supply. Today's WSJ had an article re: inflation and one cause is the $1 trillion plus that americans have stashed in savings during Covid and are now spending which is one of several reasons that even with the current run up in inflation, consumer spending is still growing. Until a couple days ago, I was trying to find my specific build that I could buy from another dealer (currently in production/hold) and it is not to be found (all sold or waiting to hit the lot before selling at highest bidder price) and they are charging even more ADM then I committed to so if you are at $5k ADM, it appears to be a hot deal right now.

My white 37 is a Gen 3 build. It does not matter to me if it is built in 2021 or 2022 and will not effect resale - only mileage and condition will since the model/trim is the basically the same. I think the only changes to trucks built next year are some features might be removed due to lack of microchips (see the GM news story somebody posted) and Ford breaks up bigger bundled packages into smaller ones ex. the blue recaro seats are not included with the 37 Performance.

When I bought my 2007 Tundra, I waited 6 months. I would love to have my white 37 sooner versus later but ordering a 22 will take even longer, and I doubt I will get a better price.

Every dealer I called that had pre-sold raptors also had a waitlist so if you cancel, the dealer probably won't care.

OP
OP
jazroc56

jazroc56

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've never paid sticker or over before either but my perspective is that for high demand, low supply vehicles like the raptor, the pricing leverage the dealers have will persist for 2+ years due to the backlog of parts creating a shortgage of supply. Today's WSJ had an article re: inflation and one cause is the $1 trillion plus that americans have stashed in savings during Covid and are now spending which is one of several reasons that even with the current run up in inflation, consumer spending is still growing. Until a couple days ago, I was trying to find my specific build that I could buy from another dealer (currently in production/hold) and it is not to be found (all sold or waiting to hit the lot before selling at highest bidder price) and they are charging even more ADM then I committed to so if you are at $5k ADM, it appears to be a hot deal right now.

My white 37 is a Gen 3 build. It does not matter to me if it is built in 2021 or 2022 and will not effect resale - only mileage and condition will since the model/trim is the basically the same. I think the only changes to trucks built next year are some features might be removed due to lack of microchips (see the GM news story somebody posted) and Ford breaks up bigger bundled packages into smaller ones ex. the blue recaro seats are not included with the 37 Performance.

When I bought my 2007 Tundra, I waited 6 months. I would love to have my white 37 sooner versus later but ordering a 22 will take even longer, and I doubt I will get a better price.

Every dealer I called that had pre-sold raptors also had a waitlist so if you cancel, the dealer probably won't care.
Strange times…appreciate your input!!