Panoramic moon roof tint

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ruri

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Did anyone tint their panoramic moon roof?

How dark did you tint it?

I'm thinking of using 70% crystalline but I'm concerned it might crack and not be dark enough.

Does anyone have pictures of tinting darker?

DANACO

Reaction score
If you do tint it, I would recommend a heat blocking film, solar heat is one of the reasons I've opted out of th moon roof, it get really hot inside from it and even worse with the shade closed as its black and heats up. I've noticed that non moon roof vehicles don't get as hot as the head liner insulates some of the solar heat of the sun.

And BTW the heat rejecting film I used for my side windows works amazing well keeping the heat out, unfortunately they're not as clear as non rejecting types but worth the compromise IMO.

Last edited:

Nemesis

Reaction score
I went with 70% crystalline on the moonroof and the windshield. It does help. On my 2013 I didn't have the moonroof and just did 70% crystalline on the windshield and was very happy.
With the crazy 110-120 temps we have been having in Phoenix, nothing really keeps the truck cool, but it does help. Even the A/C starts to bitch at those temps.
Now that we are getting below 110 the A/C is working better and cools off faster with a remote start. I might try leaving the moonroof shade open and see if that makes a difference.

07_S3VA

Reaction score
I had the tint shop apply Suntek ceramic, 20%. It made a significant difference. Without the film, the roof was burning hot. Now it is warm to the touch, but you can place your hand on the glass. It is well worth the cost.

elucidate

Reaction score
I had the Llumar 15% ceramic done on the sun roof, moon roof and side windows.

Makes a HUGE difference, even over the 15% my other black car has.

I also had the windshield done, can't remember how much tint but its Texas legal so it can't be very dark. Again, that too helps a lot.

mr_beaverhousen

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am debating filming my windshield with 3M Crystalline 90 but I heard from the installer that a few people complain about a rainbow effect when wearing polarized glasses. Anyone have that issue?

elucidate

Reaction score
I am debating filming my windshield with 3M Crystalline 90 but I heard from the installer that a few people complain about a rainbow effect when wearing polarized glasses. Anyone have that issue?

Yes with 3M, no with llumar.

The Llumar appears to be better in every respect than 3M based on my current experience. I had 3M in my old car.