Panoramic moon roof tint

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

fso119

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had it done to my black '15 Fusion and it is very noticeable on how much cooler the vehicle stays. I can have it parked in the Sun all day and it will be only very warm but not Africa hot.

Bonus benefit is ceramic tint blocks 99% of UV which kills your interior. My fusion's interior still looks great.

I plan to do zero tint on the moonroof, rear, and back windows since they're already tinted when I get my truck. A 35% tint on the front windows (illegal in MI to tint front side windows but if light enough, Police won't mess with you unless you're an a-hole) Check your state for tinting laws and what you can apply.

Use a no tint film for the windshield (any shade of tint on a windshield is illegal in most states). Having every window covered with the ceramic film will keep your truck cooler and interior looking good longer.

$nake Eater

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Did anyone tint their panoramic moon roof?

How dark did you tint it?

I'm thinking of using 70% crystalline but I'm concerned it might crack and not be dark enough.

Does anyone have pictures of tinting darker?

I did my roof with 35% ceramic. It's dark enough that it's enjoyable to have the shade open but not too dark. I wanted to enjoy the sunlight coming in but not black it out like I did with the sides and back at 5%.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
Ruri

Ruri

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I did my roof with 35% ceramic. It's dark enough that it's enjoyable to have the shade open but not too dark. I wanted to enjoy the sunlight coming in but not black it out like I did with the sides and back at 5%.

Damn 35% is pretty dark. Can you see out of the moonroof at night?

I just did my minivan with 70% crystalline and I'm heading to Bullhead city tomorrow. So I'll try it out in 113 temps.

$nake Eater

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Damn 35% is pretty dark. Can you see out of the moonroof at night?

I just did my minivan with 70% crystalline and I'm heading to Bullhead city tomorrow. So I'll try it out in 113 temps.

If it's a nice night out it's open. I guess I never really look out of it. I did my windshield in 70%.

Mystical'96

Reaction score
I will be getting my roof done with Air Blue 80 on Monday. I didn't want to darken the moon roof but I wanted the heat/UV blockage. My window tinter highly recommends it.

jabroni619

FRF Addict
Reaction score
How much are you guys paying to do the pano roof with Crystalline? I've only called one place so far and they said it would be between $400-$500 which sounds excessive to me.

lottp

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm getting FormulaOne Stratos on the entire truck, plus roof as we speak for $700 total. $200 of it is just the roof since they charge $100 per section.

fx4210

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My current car has a sunroof and when I went to get it tinted I thought I'd get the sunroof tinted but the shop refused to do it. They said something about the sunroof getting so much sunlight and because the tint is on the inside it can cause excessive heat on the glass potentially damaging it.

No idea if this has any truth behind it, but I thought I'd share.

whoisbigman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's my understanding that tinting the moon roof can cause a build up of heat in the glass causing it to possibly explode. If you search, I think you will find incidences of this happening to different vehicles... My wife's A6 for one.