Painting fenders and grill

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Gilligan

Reaction score
Blah! Really? I don't think the matching white flars looks good add an off-road truck. But add you know my opinion doesn't mean Jack shit. Lol....

I must admit I'm not totally sold on the white fenders now that they are on there, I had waited off on painting them because I couldn't decide if I wanted black or white.

I just really hate how anyone can go put $100 black plastic fenders flares on their truck and give the impression it's something that it's not, so I feel the matching paint no matter what the color makes the truck look more put together like a Raptor deserves. For that reason I hope they end up growing on me, otherwise I can just go back to my original idea of plastidip as I love ****** plastidip haha

RaptorAddict.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I just got back from the bodyshop, paid $260 including tax for front grille and 4 fenders.

IMG_6701_zpsh8tj5sfy.jpg

260.00 for all 4 flares and grill together? Maybe due to how things roll in Cali. But here we charge that to paint 4 door handles. All has to do with time in prep work and cost of the grade of paint. Just curious.

Gilligan

Reaction score
260.00 for all 4 flares and grill together? Maybe due to how things roll in Cali. But here we charge that to paint 4 door handles. All has to do with time in prep work and cost of the grade of paint. Just curious.

It was literally the first day the shop opened and they had a 50% off sign out front so I figured I'd stop in to see what they had to say. For the price they gave I figured it was worth the risk of dealing with a new shop and they have 2 full size paint booths, lifts ect so they seemed at least somewhat legit making me feel a bit more comfortable with using them. So far So good on the quality but I'll reserve final judgement on that for awhile.

Last edited:

kscarguy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wow, I really like that idea of painting the fenders and grill.
damn this places makes we want to spend more money

infinitereality

SLC IR/8
Reaction score
I can just go back to my original idea of plastidip as I love ****** plastidip haha

You ever considered dipping your whole truck? I've been itching to do mine for a couple years after I did my busa.... Peeling it off the busa was/is a huge PITA though. I feel a truck would be easier, but left me leery. I'm on the cusp of taking the plunge though...

Gilligan

Reaction score
You ever considered dipping your whole truck? I've been itching to do mine for a couple years after I did my busa.... Peeling it off the busa was/is a huge PITA though. I feel a truck would be easier, but left me leery. I'm on the cusp of taking the plunge though...

For sure, I plan to change the look every so often just so I don't get bored with how the truck looks. I'll probably give it another year or two before I do a full color change with either a wrap or dip

I do love plastidip though.... I don't think it would be all that bad remove either

2014RubyRed

FRF Addict
Reaction score

We did my son's Mustang last year. Got the kit directly from DipYourCar.com. Sprayer and all the materials to do a vehicle. Think it cost around $225.00 for the kit.

When he was done with the new color, it took him about 45 minutes to remove it all. Pretty easy to do.....

infinitereality

SLC IR/8
Reaction score
We did my son's Mustang last year. Got the kit directly from DipYourCar.com. Sprayer and all the materials to do a vehicle. Think it cost around $225.00 for the kit.

When he was done with the new color, it took him about 45 minutes to remove it all. Pretty easy to do.....

Got pics? I have the sprayer (same place) from when I did the busa, so just need the dip. Thing I think site was wrong was 1gal didn't cover enough for the bike, needed 1.5 or 2 gal and it'd been easier. Bikes also have a lot of nooks and crannies as well which I think added to the PITA part. You doing your truck?