Painting fenders and grill

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

trayack

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just paid $350 to have my fender flares painted body color and cleared. Then used the duplicolor version of plastidip on the factory bumpers and skid plate.

- Travis

The Macf

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Can you explain how you did the flares? I have heard that it doesn't hold up. Did you remove the flares to dip them?

Nope. Right on the truck. It's all in the prep work. There's probably a full can of black and half a can of clear dip on each fender.

7f4fe2fe2c6e0251287e802c5b588d45.jpg

1f8fec877667eaca456b1e76ad1ec740.jpg

Last edited:

RaptorAddict.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
We charge 100.00 per flare (depending on color) including R&I. Molten Orange, or Race Red is 150.00 per flare. Grill is 200.00.

Gilligan

Reaction score
I just got back from the bodyshop, paid $260 including tax for front grille and 4 fenders.

IMG_6701_zpsh8tj5sfy.jpg

The Macf

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I just got back from the bodyshop, paid $260 including tax for front grille and 4 fenders.

IMG_6701_zpsh8tj5sfy.jpg

Can you post some profiles? Still thinking about color matching with lots of black stickers to offset.

Thank you.

---------- Post added at 10:53 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:52 AM ----------

The lights look great, you barely notice them, the ones on the side.

Thanks. The cheap enamel paint isn't holding up so well, So I'll plastidip it white before I leave hopefully.

Gilligan

Reaction score
Can you post some profiles? Still thinking about color matching with lots of black stickers to offset.

Thank you.

---------- Post added at 10:53 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:52 AM ----------

Thanks. The cheap enamel paint isn't holding up so well, So I'll plastidip it white before I leave hopefully.

Will do. I may take my stickers off to get a cleaner look for awhile so I wanna take some good pics before I do that.

JoshLEO137

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nope. Right on the truck. It's all in the prep work. There's probably a full can of black and half a can of clear dip on each fender.

Thanks for the information, I'm going to see what a local shop will charge to paint the flares satin black and if the price is crazy I will go this route.

Yukon Joe

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Can you explain how you did the flares? I have heard that it doesn't hold up. Did you remove the flares to dip them?
The plasti dip won't really hood up to offroading. That's what you've read. On street driving is ok. Also, some mud may stain the dip, making it hard to scrub off.

Thank you.

Blah! Really? I don't think the matching white flars looks good add an off-road truck. But add you know my opinion doesn't mean Jack shit. Lol....

Yukon Joe :baby: :baby: