Painted hood vents

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

spirit

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was driving around Phoenix today and caught a very quick glance at a black SCREW with the two hood vents painted red. It happened so fast that I couldn't rate the look.

It brings-up the age-old question for many owners of black trucks -- does a splash of color look good and if so, where and what color?

Any ideas?

Raptor Embroidery

aka <b><font color='darkorange'>Raptor_Al_41</font
Reaction score
I like subtle accents. Red on black paint. Green on black (pat dunkoe's Raptor) blue on black. Stuff like that. Too much color matching is what I'm against. Now if you do red accents, do hood vents, side vents, FORD letters, badges. If you do all that up front, you won't have anything for the back though so add very subtle red bedside graphics. That would look sick. Maybe a few red back window stickers. I've kinda started a white on black theme on my raptor. Its nowhere near done but I'm gonna keep it subtle.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Rookie

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Everyone is different. I like contrast with black but nothing extreme. The grey flares and and black truck were fine with me. Red or green or white are too extreme for me.

Five-O Donut Hole

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Black screw here

I like the black with the subtle color hints to just offset the darkness. Red Illuminated SVT vents and custom Boss 6.2L side badges with a big bright red 'L' is enough for me. Too much and now your talking Fast and The Furious with blinged out Honda Civic look

Captain Awesome

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Nice Ironman love the bed sides and the red on black but i'am kind biased. like others have said when adding color its all about flow and tying it all together.

6557-83-suzuki.jpg

Rookie

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Geeeeee, I wonder what you guys would say about me.:crazy:

20140502_115617_zps70fc128b.jpg

20140502_115551_zps219cc356.jpg

What do you think of my subtle skid plate.

Needs more Red doesn't it. haha

20140524_105733_zps2dc697fa.jpg

You have a theme, with a purpose. Even if I didn't like it, it's purpose would completely defer all dislike. I don't think I've ever looked at someone's theme and actually disliked it. Except for maybe the guy with purple line x. Sorry if you read this. Lol. Might not be something I would do but others might not do what I've done.

pacertom

Reaction score
I literally did this last night with Plastidip, blacked out the wheels and did the red accent on the emblems. Subtle is how I like it as well. Doing the grey fender flares today and blacking them out.

20140829_090201.jpg
20140829_090229.jpg
20140829_090211.jpg