Paint lifting

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JJP023

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey All,

So my G3 oxford white raptor is less than 3 months old and has about 4k miles on it.

Today I noticed a pretty significant issue in the paint. As you can see in the pictures on the drive side of the hood, the paint is lifting under the clear coat. Right now this is the size softball.

I can only imagine this is going to continue to grow.

We all know ford's paint quality is not good but this is just bad. I've never seen this on any new car.

Anyone else have this issue and how did ford go about handling it?

Attachments

• 20221119_094323.jpg
    20221119_094323.jpg
    52.9 KB · Views: 74
  • IMG-20221119-WA0019.jpg
    IMG-20221119-WA0019.jpg
    54.7 KB · Views: 74

Nex

RIP CoronaRaptor
Reaction score
Most dealerships work with a local body shop for paint and body work. Call your dealer or stop by and talk with your service advisor. Some will want you t8 drop the truck off for service, others will tell you to go to their body shop.

OP
OP
JJP023

JJP023

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Most dealerships work with a local body shop for paint and body work. Call your dealer or stop by and talk with your service advisor. Some will want you t8 drop the truck off for service, others will tell you to go to their body shop.
Precisely what the dealer said. Bring it to respray due to factory defect.

Will this go on the vin/Carfax?

RaptorAddict1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Seen this before. Your Raptor is simply going through puberty. Merely a pimple that needs to be popped! Glad dealer is going to get it taken care of for you.

OP
OP
JJP023

JJP023

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Oh man!!! Hopefully it’s just in the one spot man! But you said they’re re-spraying the entire truck?
Most likely just the hood. I had the detailer look at the car and this was the defect he saw.

Like all of us, he knows how soft the fender paint is. He said he used blue painters tape to ceramic coat the body on another g3 raptor and it lifted the matte paint