Paint issues with white 2019 SCREW

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JohnyPython

FRF Addict
Reaction score
It doesn't quite look the same. It's hard to see because of the color. It does look like maybe it is not metal. I see the ripples. Also the black plastic piece at the end goes under yours but is on top of mine? Hummmm...

Yes, different.

Well, Ford is gonna repaint so that’s great.

GCATX

King Dingaling
Reaction score
Almost looks like they did not put any seam sealer at that joint? Seam sealer is a caulk like substance but for body panels.

OP
OP
dmarkh

dmarkh

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Almost looks like they did not put any seam sealer at that joint? Seam sealer is a caulk like substance but for body panels.

The large piece in the middle of the track is the sealer. I though that was metal but they told me is was the seal. I wondered the same though once you mentioned it. While I was there picking up the truck today they said it was the seal and is paintable.

OP
OP
dmarkh

dmarkh

Full Access Member
Reaction score
OK, i finally got it back from the body shop. They only worked on the tracks. My ceramic is still there everywhere but the track. I can't tell it was even worked on. They did good. He said it took so long because most of the prep was by hand. No tools.

drain-track-left-repaired.jpg

drain-track-right-repaired.jpg