Paint issues with white 2019 SCREW

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dmarkh

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Anyone else ever seen this. I know there is/was a class action law suite over paint coming off. This certainly looks at least a warranty issue to me. These were taken standing standing in the bed looking at the drain tracks on each side. I'm NOT happy.

drain-track-right.jpg

drain-track-left.jpg

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
So that looks like bare primer , that's not good. I'm sure the dealer will take care of this, no problem. Might not have to respray the whole roof, just the sides. Guessing you've checked over the whole truck by now. Go see the dealer.

OP
OP
dmarkh

dmarkh

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So that looks like bare primer , that's not good. I'm sure the dealer will take care of this, no problem. Might not have to respray the whole roof, just the sides. Guessing you've checked over the whole truck by now. Go see the dealer.

I was going to have the dealer look at it Thursday when they looked at my 5000 mile scared up brake rotor. This particular dealer (palm bay, fl) does not have a body/paint shop though. I don't know who does their work. So I might take it to the melbourne, fl shop today at lunch. They have a full paint/body shop there. As far as not having to spray the whole roof, the roof is damn near all glass.

OP
OP
dmarkh

dmarkh

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I went Monday to the Melbourne, fl Kelly Ford paint and body shop. They took about a hundred pictures before and after something they called a tape test where they try to peel paint with painters tape. They couldn't really get to the affected area with the tape though. They said they would call in a couple of days, one way or the other. I don't see any "other" way though. I'll post the results when they call.

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Tape test? That's some weak shit there. The paint is peeling, what are they going to say caused it, too much washing with a wire brush? Good luck.

OP
OP
dmarkh

dmarkh

Full Access Member
Reaction score
They just called me. Ford approved for the entire roof to be painted. Said it will take them a week and they will provide me with a ford Ranger for that week. I'm impressed because I've had issue with THIS shop in the past with my wifes Escape. A week after the warranty expired we noticed all 4 doors rusting at the bottom. The ONLY option they gave use was to purchase 4 new doors. They would NOT repair. In any case I am happy this time.

DanT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My welds in those same tracks look like they gave the robot a break and the janitor stepped in. Really bad looking!

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
They just called me. Ford approved for the entire roof to be painted. Said it will take them a week and they will provide me with a ford Ranger for that week. I'm impressed because I've had issue with THIS shop in the past with my wifes Escape. A week after the warranty expired we noticed all 4 doors rusting at the bottom. The ONLY option they gave use was to purchase 4 new doors. They would NOT repair. In any case I am happy this time.
That's good news. Hope it comes out better than factory :33: