Paint issues with white 2019 SCREW

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

2020Raptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ugh, that sucks.
I don't know what I would do.
Body shop paint is never as good as factory,
and comes with its own issues.
Can't someone just touch up the inside of the channel ?

JohnyPython

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Great that they’re repainting the roof.

If I’m not mistaken, that gutter area is filled with some sort of body panel adhesive. Looks like paint didn’t stick to it.

OP
OP
dmarkh

dmarkh

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This particular body shop at Kelly Ford Melbourne FL is very very good. They are ****** to deal with usually but they know how to paint. I don't actually know how or what the repair will entail. I just got the impression from them that Ford authorized the entire roof to be done if that was required. I expect a phone call sometime tomorrow saying it's ready. I will find out then exactly what was done.

OP
OP
dmarkh

dmarkh

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Great that they’re repainting the roof.

If I’m not mistaken, that gutter area is filled with some sort of body panel adhesive. Looks like paint didn’t stick to it.

You can tell that from my pics? I could not find anything but metal in there. The normal soft stuff I've seen in there in the past is not on my truck.

OP
OP
dmarkh

dmarkh

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You can tell that from my pics? I could not find anything but metal in there. The normal soft stuff I've seen in there in the past is not on my truck.
This particular body shop at Kelly Ford Melbourne FL is very very good. They are ****** to deal with usually but they know how to paint. I don't actually know how or what the repair will entail. I just got the impression from them that Ford authorized the entire roof to be done if that was required. I expect a phone call sometime tomorrow saying it's ready. I will find out then exactly what was done.

I will report back. And include pics of the repair.

JohnyPython

FRF Addict
Reaction score

When I stand in the box of my 18 and look down, the gutter is rippled. So I’m assuming Ford caulked that area and smoothed it out. I could be wrong tho.

OP
OP
dmarkh

dmarkh

Full Access Member
Reaction score
When I stand in the box of my 18 and look down, the gutter is rippled. So I’m assuming Ford caulked that area and smoothed it out. I could be wrong tho.

Looking at my pics, do you see the same thing? They show everything pretty well. The strip going down the middle of the track is metal.