Our Engine’s

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JohnyPython

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I have never heard of Rotella. There are entirely too many oils/fluids and etc.

People swear by AMsoil and Motul and Liquimoly and etc etc... Who has time to go through all of these to test them out and pick thee oil of oils? I guess I'll keep using motorcraft and keep a good copy of my warranty. :)

I did a UOA on Rotella T6 and here are the results.
C30C2EB9-76AB-478E-AF1C-6C1CF508AEAE.jpeg

I plan to do an analysis on Amsoil SS as well.

Raptor911

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Interesting video BUT my wife's F150 had cam phaser issues at 16k and it was very well cared for. I am a firm believer in preventive maintenance but there is more to this issue then just saying take care of your truck (reg oil changes) and it will not happen to you.

Also, I have owned alot of Fords and I could never understand the love for motorcraft. Motorcraft and Ford are one in the same. So when Ford recommends motorcraft they are recommending themselves.

There are so many excellent synthetic oils out there so why would you run a synthetic blend from motorcraft?

MnFlyer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Interesting video BUT my wife's F150 had cam phaser issues at 16k and it was very well cared for. I am a firm believer in preventive maintenance but there is more to this issue then just saying take care of your truck (reg oil changes) and it will not happen to you.

Also, I have owned alot of Fords and I could never understand the love for motorcraft. Motorcraft and Ford are one in the same. So when Ford recommends motorcraft they are recommending themselves.

There are so many excellent synthetic oils out there so why would you run a synthetic blend from motorcraft?
Why wouldn’t you?

Is there anything fundamentally wrong with motor craft oil?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Raptor911

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The recommended oil in the raptor and most Fords is a synthetic blend from Motorcraft which is a company owned by Ford.

I have always run 100% synthetics my cars and will continue to do so.

per the video, the 3.5EB is complex motor using various technology from race cars and then Ford recommends a synthetic blend?

Why wouldn’t you?

Is there anything fundamentally wrong with motor craft oil?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JohnyPython

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The recommended oil in the raptor and most Fords is a synthetic blend from Motorcraft which is a company owned by Ford.

per the video, the 3.5EB is complex motor using various technology from race cars and then Ford recommends a synthetic blend?

Dustin says synthetic oil only for the 3.5 EB.

It is recommended in the OM for Canadian Raptors also.

I tracked down the website:

https://www.dgsprotech.com/

Gotta pass by there one day.

Raptorrunner2019

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There is also a motor craft full synthetic oil that is supposedly pretty good.

nikhsub1

FRF Addict
Reaction score
A very long, but excellent read. Takes opinions out of the equation and sticks to factual testing data.

https://540ratblog.wordpress.com/2013/06/20/motor-oil-wear-test-ranking/

/Thread
Except for this curve ball....

"The psi reference values above, ONLY APPLY TO MY TEST DATA, not to actual engine component loading. Here’s why:
The motor oil “Dynamic Wear Testing Under Load” I perform is WORST CASE torture testing. My test equipment is NOT intended to duplicate an engine’s internal components. "

pbtjrlmrt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
People do. I don’t simply because it isn’t pure synthetic, it’s a blend. Personally I use Schaeffers 9000 and really like it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

What makes you think that Motorcraft doesn't make a pure synthetic oil?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bjorn-dpc