Our Engine’s

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

M3sparky

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't trust the dealer doing my oil changes with their cheap oil so Im doing it myself I'm strictly in amsoil diet, their signature oil and filter combo is good for 25k miles! I would think it would be stupid to change every 5k miles with this oil and oil filter but I'm going to go halfway from 25k or so and change it at 14 to 15k miles. The truck runs great with it to.

Jason Snokhous

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't trust the dealer doing my oil changes with their cheap oil so Im doing it myself I'm strictly in amsoil diet, their signature oil and filter combo is good for 25k miles! I would think it would be stupid to change every 5k miles with this oil and oil filter but I'm going to go halfway from 25k or so and change it at 14 to 15k miles. The truck runs great with it to.
I always do my own oil changes as well. A lot of guys have their oil brand of choice and are extremely loyal to it. I get that. I’ve had great luck with Mobile 1 in my engines.

I’m sure Amsoil is better in some ways than an oil like Mobile one but I feel like it’s more than adequate and it’s probably 1/3 of the cost. I can get 6 qts of Mobile 1 at wally world for $30ish. I change mine every 4K miles, which brings me to my point. It’s well documented on this forum that a little bit of fuel does get into the oil of these engines. So the more miles you put on a batch of oil the more diluted with gas it will be. Gas is a solvent. Not good obviously. When I got my truck I put a catch can on and checked it after a couple weeks. Liquid in there at that time but I could definitely smell fuel. Other point is even if Amsoil is better it does get dirty over time.

I feel a lot better about spending $30 for a reputable, quality oil and changing it often rather than running a “high end” oil for excessive amounts of time.

Just an opinion. Take it or leave it.

I gotta go to Walmart.

SRPRACING

Reaction score
I would think it would be stupid to change every 5k miles with this oil and oil filter but I'm going to go halfway from 25k or so and change it at 14 to 15k miles. The truck runs great with it to.

I highly recommend not doing that but it’s your truck not mine. That’s just all marketing hype from them. Yes it’s good quality oil but no ecoboost should have oil change intervals that long.
Even going to about 7000miles is pushing it.

Last edited:

Donovan

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I highly recommend not doing that but it’s your truck not mine. That’s just all marketing hype from them. Yes it’s good quality oil but no ecoboost should have oil change intervals that long.
Even going to about 7000miles is pushing it.

I agree..

25k mile oil changes are absurd. IMO

CigarPundit

On the road to serfdom...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah I'm using Amsoil Signature and I'm changing every 5k. Small price to pay for my own peace of mind. And I kinda like changing my oil.

TwizzleStix

Pudendum Inspector aka FORZDA 1
Reaction score
Wow I didn’t realize it would be specd to use oil that thick. My dads CTSV 6.2 Super charged motor was 5w40

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mainly because Ford touted the track capability of the RS, so it would need the heavier oil for sustained high load/rpm use. I’ve always run 5w40 in mine.

FL4x4

Reaction score
Take care of your Raptor and it will take care of you. It's a PERFORMANCE vehicle, not your everyday truck.

Ford OEM parts are not always high quality parts. Motorcraft parts are OK, but there are MUCH better replacement parts out there. Motorcraft oil filters for example have poor quality control and construction. The filter pleats are not evenly spaced (affecting efficiency) and the adhesives are sloppily applied. Do even a little research and you'll discover this on your own.

There's a reason we replace half the OEM parts on our Raptors from bumpers, rims, brakes, suspension, exhaust, intakes, ECU programming, etc. There are better quality parts out there and just because it says FORD or is a Ford product doesn't mean it's the best.

M3sparky

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I agree..

25k mile oil changes are absurd. IMO

im pretty sure amsoil didnt just toss that number out there lol, they have done research and tests before they market it. i still dont wait that long to change the oil, i change it usually half way what they recommend and of course it varies on your driving, for mostly highway miles and some city i dont see the need to change it so soon. but if its being run hard and on dusty roads then by all means that is all based on each person driving style . ive change bmw when they recommended it at 15k miles never had any issues on their engines in decades. own a small business and use mobile 1 sythentic on my trucks they run 10k to 15k highway miles in between changes and again never have issues or problems with engines. sythentic oil even if its black is still doing its work of lubrication. each persons personal preference is all it is.

Donovan

FRF Addict
Reaction score
But 25,000 miles.

I run the hell out of this little 3.5 lol. I will stick with the 5k oil changes.