Ordering raptor out of state strange issue

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

8WOOD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think the info is off. What usually happens is people buy them on a lease or a loan from any dealer and Then they illegally export them out of country and disappear and don’t pay the lease or loan. The reason they are targeting you for the investigation is because the majority of these illegal export activities occur in California. Most dealers now require you to sign a statement of understanding that you will not export the vehicle out of country which relieves them of any legal action if you do indeed end up doing it. 60 minutes did a special on this recently, pretty interesting way to make money. Most illegal exports were Porsche Cayennes and panameras and being sold to China.

Last edited:

SilverBolt

Hired Gun
Reaction score
It's bogus. If you do get a call it is someone posing as an FBI agent. They have far bigger issues to deal with than who is buying/selling a personally owned vehicle. Now if you were buying under one of Ford's employee plans (A-plan, D-Plan, etc) you do have to sign an agreement with Ford that the vehicle won't be sold for a minimum of 12 months. Has nothing to do with the Feds.

Wfo

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Hope you didn’t put much down, Seems suspicious. Wish you the best of luck

BendSprinter

Reaction score
Yep what everyone else has said.

What could be true is that the dealership is under investigation and they are verifying that you are a real customer with real money down on an actual vehicle. I could see that concern happening in a money laundering, vehicle floor financing, etc type investigation. 99% if there is an actual FBI person that calls you it’s an investigation about the dealership not you.

I would follow the others advice and if anyone calls, get their information and verify locally before giving any information at all. Seems sketch. While the Raptor is a really cool vehicle to us; it’s no where on the scale where the FBI would be worried about buying/selling an F150’s one at a time...

SSWIM

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I purchased a Ranger Rover Ebony Edition a few years back that was a highly sought after unit. The Dealer did have me sign a document stating I was not selling it over seas. No FBI involved though. That is strange.

Sam

FORZDA 1

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The 'Bama boys are poking at the OP to see if he is legit. There may be a phone call, but it won't be the FBI, unless the dealer is involved in drug smuggling in new vehicles picked up from out of state. The drug dealer involvement is likely the issue...

pastorwug

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It is quite illegal to sell your new Raptor internationally, not nationally. Many scammers have done quite well selling new vehicles purchased in the USA and selling them internationally. It is illegal and that may be what they are concerned about. It is NOT illegal to sell your new vehicle to anyone in the USA, regardless of state of residence. Sales tax will probably be extracted from the new owner and from YOU unless you have a dealer's license.
Have fun!

Maxoz

Reaction score
From my experience dealing with the Feds, they don't call you, when they need you, they will pay a visit, and sit down with you.
Or they will mail you a letter, like a notice or subpoena. But they don't do their business over the phone, at least they wont call you, end of story.
If the dealer sales did say FBI, id say stay away from them, its just too fishy.

8WOOD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
From my experience dealing with the Feds, they don't call you, when they need you, they will pay a visit, and sit down with you.
Or they will mail you a letter, like a notice or subpoena. But they don't do their business over the phone, at least they wont call you, end of story.
If the dealer sales did say FBI, id say stay away from them, its just too fishy.

Truth! Sometimes they will call you and try to set up an appointment. But they don't do business over the phone. If you don't respond...they'll come knocking anyways and then your talk to your neighbors to get the dirt on you.... and check the FRF forums.... CRAP must delete everything now. ;)