Ordering raptor out of state strange issue

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
N

NorCalGen2

Reaction score
Are you sure you're dealing with a legit business and not some scam artist? Hard to believe the FBI would have time to mess around with vehicle sales.

I believe so. I don’t want to just out the dealer’s name but I did look them up and they have a legit website with inventory etc.

gregspirt

Reaction score
Well, not sure of what California’s laws are pertaing to buying with that state and selling out again, but it’s not a federal law, and so last time I checked that might be something that state investigators would look at or investigate, but I don’t think the FBI would nor would they do it over the phone. I would suggest you contact your local FBI field office and see what they can tell you about this being legit or not. Just my 2.5 cents.

OP
OP
N

NorCalGen2

Reaction score
I appreciate the feedback guys. The salesman told me I would be receiving the phone call tomorrow so I guess I’ll just wait for it and report back. I’m rather curious as to what he’s going to tell me. I only have a deposit though so I can still look for another good deal much closer or actually in CA. If anyone knows any reputable dealers close to CA please send me a message. I am looking for a 2019 though, not an 18.

Edit* fwiw, I’m willing to travel a reasonable distance (Oregon, Nevada, Arizona, Washington, maybe even Texas) if the deal is good enough, and drive it back home. That’ll give me a better test drive than anything else honestly.

Last edited:

jzweedyk

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I visited the dealer I am buying mine from today in Vegas, and he has one coming in tomorrow that a deal fell through on. I am paying sticker for mine, but I ordered it and that is their policy. Call Randy Block at Friendly Ford in Las Vegas to find out.

Loufish

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I’m in SoCal and didn’t want to pay over MSRP so I got one for MSRP from Chris G. At Team Ford in Vegas. I flew in, signed and drove it home. I don’t plan to sell as it is such a practical family truck.
I also bought my truck from Team Ford and live in Burbank CA....Not a single mention from anyone about me possibly re-selling my truck here in CA...

K9BNDKRS

Reaction score
I live in Norcal and just put a deposit on an 18 in Iowa. Going pick it up on Friday. Not a single question about reselling. Just a smooth easy transaction.

Ruri

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had to notarize a letter saying I wasn’t going to resell the raptor for profit. I bought $500 over invoice shipped to a local dealer in SoCal from the factory July 2017. That’s probably just the dealer messing with you

Tomkirkland4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well, not sure of what California’s laws are pertaing to buying with that state and selling out again, but it’s not a federal law, and so last time I checked that might be something that state investigators would look at or investigate, but I don’t think the FBI would nor would they do it over the phone. I would suggest you contact your local FBI field office and see what they can tell you about this being legit or not. Just my 2.5 cents.

Great advice. The FBI field offices are often staffed by very nice individuals that are willing to help. They will point the OP in the right direction.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk