Orange peel in the paint

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Wfo

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Watching any form of racing that only turns left makes my head want to explode! Although it's better than main stream team sports and it's fans! Both of which I HATE.

Well said brother!!! I second that!! These fans need to get up and do something themselves!!!

FNG

Reaction score
My gen 2 2018 is less than 3 weeks old. It has orange peel all over but it's excessive on the passenger side front fender. The detailer I use agreed. The detailer went on to he could get rid of all the orange peel but 3 things would happen.
1) He could get rid of the orange peel and the the paint would have a mirror finish.
2) There would be no guarantee on the clear coat.
3) My wallet would be $ 2,000 lighter.

Listen to Mr. Lumadar, he knows his stuff!

It is a shame that you pay almost $70K for a rig to have that kind of paint quality.
What do you do? **** and moan to the dealer? He didn't paint it and you might need him if you have a problem. Raise hell with Ford corporate? What a lesson in futility, not worth the frustration and wasted time. My truck sat in Portland, less than 100 miles from my dealer, for a month. Ford Performance told me it was in Portland, every time I called they moved back the delivery date. When I finally got the truck the dealer found out it sat because it needed a new tire. No I won't be contacting Ford.

If the worse thing that happens to my truck is orange peel, I'll consider myself very lucky.

jaz13

FRF Addict
Reaction score
You guys crack me up. This is an off-road pickup truck, not a Rolls. $70k buys you performance, not posh.