One and ONLY gas mileage thread please

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Silva

Reaction score
Have a 2014 6.2 420 miles on it and know matter how light my foot is 9.7-9.8 mpg. All city. Most Prius leave on me. Lol. What to do?

Reaction score
Right now I am averaging 13.0 mpg. I do a mix of highway and rural driving but my truck does idle a good bit. She warms up for 5 - 10 minutes each morning / when I leave work for the day and I rarely shut it off when I make a quick run into a store or job site.

I run 93 in my truck, same as my car. Just under 1,100 miles on the truck.

Nick@Apollo-Optics

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Right now I am averaging 13.0 mpg. I do a mix of highway and rural driving but my truck does idle a good bit. She warms up for 5 - 10 minutes each morning / when I leave work for the day and I rarely shut it off when I make a quick run into a store or job site.

Skipping the subject, but were you on Powerstroke.org back in the day? I seem to remember your screen name from somewhere and I think that's it.

Wilson

FRF Addict
Reaction score

That's good for idleing most of what kills mpg.

---------- Post added at 11:50 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:47 AM ----------

Have a 2014 6.2 420 miles on it and know matter how light my foot is 9.7-9.8 mpg. All city. Most Prius leave on me. Lol. What to do?

You need to get it good and warm and trip on it. The thing about the adaptive learning is you'll be in that rut untill you change it's habbet. It probably is not even shifting all the way into high.

KOBRA2848

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have been pleased with the 13 mpg around town but I switched from a F250 crew 4X4 with a V-10 that averaged around 10.

Mark

Ruger

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I think I have a problem. Up until fairly recently, my 2011 SCAB would routinely get 15.5 MPG in town and 16.5 to 17.0 on long distance trips. Now I'm very lucky to break 15.0 in town, and 15.5 on the highway. Same driver, same driving habits.

I am feeling a little "growl" type vibration through the pedal and the floorboards now, and I think something is dragging. Wheel bearings? U-Joints? I jacked up the front yesterday and spun the wheels with the tires on, and didn't feel or hear anything unusual.

Anybody with a Repair Manual: How do you check the wheel bearings and the U-Joints for excessive friction? Any other ideas?

This is a 2011 Raptor, 6.2L, with factory wheels and tires, 47,000 miles. I have replaced the fluids in the whole driveline, have installed the Mag-Hytec rear differential cover, and have installed the aFe transmission pan. New Amsoil fluids used throughout. I think the problem has to be mechanical.

Last edited: