One and ONLY gas mileage thread please

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

FreightTerrain

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Stitches? Damn. I busted my knuckle open doing mid perch. Damn pos ratchet took a shit and let loose when I was cranking down. Take the moment to savor your relationship and know that she still loves you.

i was bleeding like a field dressed buck when i put my exhaust on. but i suck at shit like that. maybe its my tools

LandFill

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Well, I finished the skid plates and was happy that I had accomplished my first oil change and sprang up from the front of the truck and didnt realize that, 1) I was parked alittle too close to the house, and 2) The crank out windows were open and they have VERY pointy edges. Yep, I hit the edges of the window really, really hard. I came up feeling a massive headache and blood was pouring all over. I has a 3" cut on the top/back part of my head. And a 3" cut on the front-side too. The one on the rear needed stitches. I went to the emergency room within 10 min. of this happening and got stitched up. First time in my life I needed stitches. Oh well, it was for a good cause.:headbang:

I have cracked the top of my skull on a vertical drop of unistrut! Just finished a PIA job at work and was policing up when BAMM! It nearly knocked my ass out!

jrodrg

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just did my 5 star tune last week. On the way to work this morning I reset my trip counter and it read as follows: (mind you this was all highway driving 5 star custom 87 octane economy tune).

Attachments

• photo(1).jpg
    photo(1).jpg
    103.1 KB · Views: 50

Sage

FRF Addict
Reaction score
towing mileage

I just pulled a 14' cargo trailer 2000 miles (approx. 1200 lbs of load plus the trailer itself). From WA to MT and back. Several high passes and a lot of mountains. Most driving was at 70mph. Only 3-4 road construction areas.

Almost exactly 13 mpg. I got screwed up after a couple hundred miles on the way home and hit a wrong button which deleted my mileage from there back. My overall mileage was 14.8 when I started the trip and 14.4 when I got home, 7000 on the truck now with around 30% being towing miles.

I was at 13.3 going there and 12.7 on the way home minus the 200 mile blip. Since it was in a flatter area, I probably would have been slightly over the 13 but I'll find out next yr when I make the same trip.

As a side note, I put on some super springs to beef up the suspension for towing. They'll come off in a day or two when I have time (about 15 min). I also installed brakes on the trailer which made quite a difference in stopping. No trailer push at all and I was very happy with that mod.

RaptorBoi

Reaction score
Hello all just chiming in while I'm waiting. I've never trusted those avg mpg counters. Used to have a f350 stroker and it was off all thee time. Can someone do this on 6.2 crew.........run it till empty filler up, record the gallons in, clear odometer trip and drive it till its empty. Let me know both reads or let us know both reads and get us true figures

Appreciate it!