One and ONLY gas mileage thread please

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

adeerchaser

ALWAYS carry, never tell
Supporting Member
Reaction score
how often do you guys reset the fuel economy info? I do it every time I fill up my tank.

I only reset mine after I have been offroading or pulling a load, those throw it off from normal. Otherwise I leave it alone. Course I don't pay a lot of attention, I just drive F to E, then back to F. That being said I know a lot of folks who reset it every time they fill up also.

venomsnake21

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I only reset mine after I have been offroading or pulling a load, those throw it off from normal. Otherwise I leave it alone. Course I don't pay a lot of attention, I just drive F to E, then back to F. That being said I know a lot of folks who reset it every time they fill up also.

That is a good idea as well! Thank you!

RAMMON

Reaction score
Santa Tomas to San Quintin (Baja) ~250 miles of old course and beaches. 6.8 mpg... off road mode and lots of throttle steer.

slinger1

Reaction score
Almost 1700 miles round trip to Franklin Texas... avg 14mpg...including the pasture runs at night hog hunting and some whos faster my 6.2 raptor or my brothers 6.0 silverado ...Truck is 2014 with 30k....all stock except for the 5star 91 perf tune...On the way home going north on hwy 45 i looked down once and was doing 110mph and still had to move over for cars to pass me....

and yes my 6.2 is faster than the 6.0 chevy...(he has canned superchips tune on his)on the blacktop and through the pasture....

manovo

Reaction score
raptor guatemala

just hit 20k miles on mine, mine is doing 9.9 mpg i drive mostly in high traffic and once a week off roading up and down mountains and highway driving for a couple of hours. would be nice to see that number go up, any suggestions?

adeerchaser

ALWAYS carry, never tell
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Mine is a 2014 with a 6.2 and 14300 miles on it, I have a Superchips programmer. I put the 87 performance tune in it. I get avg. of 16.1 on the road running 75 to 80 mph. It falls to about 12 off roading and pulling loads (about 10500 lbs)