Onboard Scales and Smart Hitch

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Oggie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
According to TFL, Onboard Scales and Smart Hitch will be available for ordering on June 18 for 2021 F-150s. Does anyone know if that means the Raptor build and price tool will be updated on June 18 to include those features?

360North

Reaction score
I have heard that option pkg will be available on All Trims…so unless they specifically mention to exclude Raptor, I would assume we have access to it.

Needless to say, we’ll know soon enough…and my dealer didn’t say anything about it not being available, when I said I want to add it to my order this week.

He simply said we had to wait for it to be listed in system.

Keshka

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a new (two weeks old) Gen 3 with the tow package. It came with stickers for up to three trailers, a cable and connectors. The trailer control in the cab says "pro trailer" on the steering dial plus some buttons. If it has the onboard scales, I can't find 'em . The f150 joint Raptor owners manual says:
USING ON-BOARD SCALE
1. Press Features on the touchscreen.
2. Press Onboard Scales.
Note: You can also access on-board scale
using the FordPass app.

Not on the Raptor. Nothing under features, nothing showing in Ford Pas. My guess is Ford decided to nerf that op on the Raptor. Why I don't know as the truck has the ride height sensors on all four. Rumor has it those are just used to aim the headlights but the data from them sure could estimate weight.

MRV99

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You cannot go by the manual because ford makes a manual for all models and there will be a raptor supplement. I can assume that most raptor owners are not hauling like a standard truck does. Yes I know raptor owners want to know how much they have in their bed I can only assume ford does not view the raptor as a hauling truck.

Keshka

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I agree. But I do blame them for not putting out a separate manual for the Raptor....especially since one is no longer included with the rig and must be downloaded so they can no longer blame publishing costs.

ganooch

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You cannot go by the manual because ford makes a manual for all models and there will be a raptor supplement. I can assume that most raptor owners are not hauling like a standard truck does. Yes I know raptor owners want to know how much they have in their bed I can only assume ford does not view the raptor as a hauling truck.
Hell, I would rather have BlueCruise than on-board scales. Seems that there are a lot of features from the F-150 line that the Raptor doesn't get. BlueCruise, on-board scales, max recline seats, active park assist, etc....

AutoXRacer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hell, I would rather have BlueCruise than on-board scales. Seems that there are a lot of features from the F-150 line that the Raptor doesn't get. BlueCruise, on-board scales, max recline seats, active park assist, etc....
Wait!! We don't get park assist either!!??
WTF!!