Oil Filter Relocation

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ColoradoBoss

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Has anyone done an oil filter relocation yet? Just bought the kit yesterday but need ideas where to mount it. I have an ADD bumper on my truck and aftermarket tow hooks so in order to remove the skid plate I have to remove the tow hooks so I'm needing to move the filter to save time and frustration. I plan on doing the relocation when I replace the oil pan here shortly. TIA

Zeusmotorworks

Semi-retired, now just a happy grumpy old man!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
No help as I have OE bumper and the relocation is on my list of to do's. What are you using for components? I want easier access, but it also has to be in a place that drains without mess. Which probably means I'll need to fab a custom bracket to suspend it in such a place.

OP
OP
ColoradoBoss

ColoradoBoss

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes I have a 2017, that's why I picked this sub. I ordered the Perma-Cool Kit #70988. Not sure the oil udder applies in my situation unfortunately. Hopefully I'll have time to mess with it this weekend. Thanks for the input.