Official 2024 Raptor R Order & Delivery Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

hamster

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Is it possible to put on deployable running boards on the R?

Figure it's basically the same as a normal f150.
Yes, but do you really like the looks?

xgardx

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is it possible to put on deployable running boards on the R?

Figure it's basically the same as a normal f150.
Not 100% sure but I’d think yes, I know I’ve seen guys put the AMP research power side steps on Gen 2s, cans are same as any other F150!under that area

cr23raptor1983

Reaction score
Sometimes they are doing you a favor "beating" on it. Full throttle break-in is the best thing you can do for a performance engine.

You only get one chance to push those new relatively rough-edged piston rings solidly into the cylinder walls before they get honed smooth by the walls under a bunch of low load usage.

Breaking in a new engine for the first X-number of miles like your dad did with his no-rollers-anywhere engine is a recipe for blowby and oil consumption. Let the oil come up to temp, and any new engine with roller everything is ready to eat.

That doesn't really apply to the transmission and axle gears- they'd be better off with the easy break-in, but they'll survive it.

I agree with the too may farts thing though.
Their already broken in from the factory.. before installing the predator engine in a vehicle- they run it in a dyno room, Anand take it to redline. It's broken in.

BoostCreep

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Their already broken in from the factory.. before installing the predator engine in a vehicle- they run it in a dyno room, Anand take it to redline. It's broken in.
True, I think break in is mostly for all the other moving components on the truck.

Skai

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yes, but do you really like the looks?

Yea, I have the AMP ones on my TRX and I like the looks TBH. But on the Raptor I don't know if the look fits like it does on the TRX.

hamster

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yea, I have the AMP ones on my TRX and I like the looks TBH. But on the Raptor I don't know if the look fits like it does on the TRX.
One thing I like about the OEM step is that it blocks a lot of crap from splashing up the sides. I don't mine the dirt and mud, but they also block most of the rocks/pebbles unless they are real small and I am unlucky enough that they find a way through the small holes in the step. Post up some pics if you get them.....

ToadSmasher2K1

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
One thing I like about the OEM step is that it blocks a lot of crap from splashing up the sides. I don't mine the dirt and mud, but they also block most of the rocks/pebbles unless they are real small and I am unlucky enough that they find a way through the small holes in the step. Post up some pics if you get them.....
They also work well for stopping door dings