Official 2023 Raptor R Order Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CarbonFiber01

Reaction score
What are your initial thoughts? I did the same thing and ended up liking the Ram way more than I thought I would. My R is scheduled for build in March.
Same here but no build date on the R…curious on your comparison of the two…

So obviously these are just my personal preferences. I drove about 120 miles yesterday.

Interior
The seats are much more comfortable.
I like that the shifter will not move into neutral without pushing the button. I drive with my hand on the shifter, and in the TRX more than several times it’s been shifted into neutral by accident, and I hate that.
I love the steering wheel so much better. The Alcanterra got smushed down from wear and tear and I didn’t like the feel of it.
I wish that there was a second flip up compartment in the center console like there is on the TRX.
I like the blue interior lighting better in the R better.
I love that you can adjust the exhaust suspension and steering with a push of a button and also each individually.

Suspension
The R’s suspension is phenomenal and far superior to the TRX. with all the potholes and such here in the East Coast, the truck drives over them and absorbs them extremely well.

Exhaust
I do love the exhaust tone of the TRX more. But that could just be because I’m used to it driving back on the highway. I put the R in quiet mode because the tone was annoying me. It easily could be fixed with a new exhaust. But I do love that it has the electronic baffles that you can switch on the fly.

Headlights
The TRX does have headlights that move as well as they R, as far as driving on the road, the R is far more superior and more responsive in terms of the headlights moving. While driving in the back roads last night, the headlights were giving me perfect coverage everywhere around the turns.

Supercharger whine
I’m going through the break-in, so obviously I haven’t gone full open throttle. But the whine is not nearly as loud as the TRX. I have already bought an intake, so I’m sure that will change everything.

Doors
Just the sound of closing the doors in the R, so much better than the TRX. The TRX’s doors sound cheap and flimsy when they’re shut.

These are the differences that I’ve noticed so far. Again, I’ve only driven 120 miles. I hope this helps.

EricM

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The R’s suspension is phenomenal and far superior to the TRX

Given the whole point of the Raptor and the TRX is the factory engineered mid-length travel supension- you might as well ditch the TRX, unless you want to keep it around as a beater.

TRX might be good for hauling trash to the dump, depending on how bad the road is to the dump.

CarbonFiber01

Reaction score
Given the whole point of the Raptor and the TRX is the factory engineered mid-length travel supension- you might as well ditch the TRX, unless you want to keep it around as a beater.

TRX might be good for hauling trash to the dump, depending on how bad the road is to the dump.
I already ditched the TRX for the R. It was a no brainer!

CarbonFiber01

Reaction score
So obviously these are just my personal preferences. I drove about 120 miles yesterday.

Interior
The seats are much more comfortable.
I like that the shifter will not move into neutral without pushing the button. I drive with my hand on the shifter, and in the TRX more than several times it’s been shifted into neutral by accident, and I hate that.
I love the steering wheel so much better. The Alcanterra got smushed down from wear and tear and I didn’t like the feel of it.
I wish that there was a second flip up compartment in the center console like there is on the TRX.
I like the blue interior lighting better in the R better.
I love that you can adjust the exhaust suspension and steering with a push of a button and also each individually.

Suspension
The R’s suspension is phenomenal and far superior to the TRX. with all the potholes and such here in the East Coast, the truck drives over them and absorbs them extremely well.

Exhaust
I do love the exhaust tone of the TRX more. But that could just be because I’m used to it driving back on the highway. I put the R in quiet mode because the tone was annoying me. It easily could be fixed with a new exhaust. But I do love that it has the electronic baffles that you can switch on the fly.

Headlights
The TRX does have headlights that move as well as they R, as far as driving on the road, the R is far more superior and more responsive in terms of the headlights moving. While driving in the back roads last night, the headlights were giving me perfect coverage everywhere around the turns.

Supercharger whine
I’m going through the break-in, so obviously I haven’t gone full open throttle. But the whine is not nearly as loud as the TRX. I have already bought an intake, so I’m sure that will change everything.

Doors
Just the sound of closing the doors in the R, so much better than the TRX. The TRX’s doors sound cheap and flimsy when they’re shut.

These are the differences that I’ve noticed so far. Again, I’ve only driven 120 miles. I hope this helps.
Something I just noticed while parking, when shifting from reverse to drive, the R doesn’t activate the front camera. In the TRX it would do that for about 5-10 secs. Anyway to change this besides using forscan?

SSWIM

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Something I just noticed while parking, when shifting from reverse to drive, the R doesn’t activate the front camera. In the TRX it would do that for about 5-10 secs. Anyway to change this besides using forscan?
Interesting
Mine shows front camera when going from reverse to forward.
Sam