Official 2023 Raptor R Order Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

foremanrd

Reaction score
Lol your math doesn’t add up. Why would a dealer charge you an ADM of $20k only to give that ADM back to you? Dealerships are about making money. In other words, if you paid $20k over, then they give you that value back, y’all basically just did a MSRP deal because they’re not making any additional money on you. Not to mention, they just tied up an extra $20k that they could have allocated towards something that would actually make them money.

I hope it works out for you. I bought my 37 PP last year for MSRP and would be lucky to sell mine for $90-95k. The market has definitely changed. And no, your little market in MO is not hotter than mine by $20k. People are not spending money right now and you can negotiate an ADM to a lot less than $25k—my R order was $10k ADM.
Again, my point in my first reply to you wasn’t to argue what I am offered on my truck. If in fact you gave MSRP for your 37 (of which I’d highly doubt bc that’s not how markets work, no matter what kind of friend or faithful buyer you are, or in little ole MO) then why would the dealership I bought my truck not offer me what I paid as I am buying another over MSRP from them? Apparently you are something special or your market obviously isn’t as hot as little ole MO. As you said yourself, all about making money, and yet you are the one claiming MSRP on your 37 and 10 over on a R. I think you probably missed the fact in my original post, I paid 20k over and on R 30k over MSRP. The dealer could in theory make at least 5k more on reselling my trade in and then on the R I join your special group of MSRP folks but at $ much more over your special rates (+20k). Apparently folks can’t get a deal that is near the two you claim to have gotten or you aren’t as “special” in your so much HOTTER market than mine….Again, not here to argue but simple math says they make 35k on the trade and sale in little MO, not a bad day at the office….

Last edited:

MrClean

Reaction score
Again, my point in my first reply to you wasn’t to argue what I am offered on my truck. If in fact you gave MSRP for your 37 (of which I’d highly doubt bc that’s not how markets work, no matter what kind of friend or faithful buyer you are, or in little ole MO) then why would the dealership I bought my truck not offer me what I paid as I am buying another over MSRP from them? Apparently you are something special or your market obviously isn’t as hot as little ole MO. As you said yourself, all about making money, and yet you are the one claiming MSRP on your 37 and 10 over on a R. I think you probably missed the fact in my original post, I paid 20k over and on R 30k over MSRP. The dealer could in theory make at least 5k more on reselling my trade in and then on the R I join your special group of MSRP folks but at $ much more over your special rates (+20k). Apparently folks can’t get a deal that is near the two you claim to have gotten or you aren’t as “special” in your so much HOTTER market than mine….Again, not here to argue but simple math says they make 35k on the trade and sale in little MO, not a bad day at the office….
Facts.

foremanrd

Reaction score
You don’t have to believe me …. Traded in my 2022-37 on 7/19…. The same day I ordered my R…. Got MSRP on the trade, paying MSRP when the R arrives …. I’m just a regular guy that found my local dealership has some integrity
You don’t have to believe me …. Traded in my 2022-37 on 7/19…. The same day I ordered my R…. Got MSRP on the trade, paying MSRP when the R arrives …. I’m just a regular guy that found my local dealership has some integrity…
I appreciate the MSRP folks and the support you provide to each other. I don’t have to believe you (don’t only bc the reasoning you use to disclaim the situations of others, rather ironic), nor any of you me. However back to my original post…. In my shoes, PROS and CONS…. Those that had a 37 with all options, now owning an R that doesn’t due to shortages; I’d especially like to hear your thoughts. Don’t care your $ trade versus buying MSRP YADDA YADDA situation. Anyone else that wants to provide their thoughts, those appreciated as well. Just rather it be about the pros and cons, as I said originally. Just because I can, not sure that I should and is the main point.

cashed

Reaction score
I appreciate the MSRP folks and the support you provide to each other. I don’t have to believe you (don’t only bc the reasoning you use to disclaim the situations of others, rather ironic), nor any of you me. However back to my original post…. In my shoes, PROS and CONS…. Those that had a 37 with all options, now owning an R that doesn’t due to shortages; I’d especially like to hear your thoughts. Don’t care your $ trade versus buying MSRP YADDA YADDA situation. Anyone else that wants to provide their thoughts, those appreciated as well. Just rather it be about the pros and cons, as I said originally. Just because I can, not sure that I should and is the main point.
I've had a couple Gen 2s, a couple Gen 3s(37 PK), and a couple TRX's . The new Raptor R is a blast, even without a heated steering wheel. The R is just an all around fun truck. After a while I found the Gen 3 V6, and even the TRX to be a little boring. Turn off the advanced traction control on the R, and it's not boring. At least IMO.......

eriic

Reaction score
Lol I love how this forum gets in a pissing contest at every single turn as soon as MSRP vs ADM comes up... Everyone has to be the smartest guy finding the best deal at MSRP and then do a drive by on anyone willing to pay an ADM.

Bunch of grown ass dudes arguing about who paid what when the point of the forum is to talk about the actual damn truck we bought. There needs to be an entirely separate section for the special people who want to argue money so the rest of us can enjoy the forum in peace.

LuckyKnuckle36

RIP CoronaRaptor
Reaction score
My Dealer called me today, they have 2 Raptor R's, one is going to the owner, second one available as of lunchtime today, $25K ADM. I am not a guy that will ever pay an ADM but understand if any of you are willing to.

Interested? You can call Edrick Mallord @ Bob Bell Ford in MD. He sold me my 2022 Raptor at MSRP (Literally half the price of what the R's are going for) but I guess R's and GT500's are just an ADM reality in this new world

foremanrd

Reaction score
I've had a couple Gen 2s, a couple Gen 3s(37 PK), and a couple TRX's . The new Raptor R is a blast, even without a heated steering wheel. The R is just an all around fun truck. After a while I found the Gen 3 V6, and even the TRX to be a little boring. Turn off the advanced traction control on the R, and it's not boring. At least IMO.......
Appreciate it! I ordered a TRX and bought the 37 when the opportunity came up on the original owner backing out. TRX wasn’t even scheduled 5 months later and I quickly changed direction. Also wasn’t a fan of an AWD truck. Have had all 3 gens and feel this one is a major improvement. Definitely not disappointed in any way with current truck, just want to have the last of the beasts of the ICE age, hoping that never happens….

foremanrd

Reaction score
Lol I love how this forum gets in a pissing contest at every single turn as soon as MSRP vs ADM comes up... Everyone has to be the smartest guy finding the best deal at MSRP and then do a drive by on anyone willing to pay an ADM.

Bunch of grown ass dudes arguing about who paid what when the point of the forum is to talk about the actual damn truck we bought. There needs to be an entirely separate section for the special people who want to argue money so the rest of us can enjoy the forum in peace.
I apologize for taking up 3 pages on here to your point. I had 0 desire to talk $ but rather PROS and CONS. As it went… I completely forgot the purpose. Lol…. Seems we sadly are a society of grown folks 100% driven to distract others from purpose; ensuring others know just how special they are and how others can’t possibly be… anywho…. What’s your thoughts on PROS and CONS? Lol

mchurch0211

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You don’t have to believe me …. Traded in my 2022-37 on 7/19…. The same day I ordered my R…. Got MSRP on the trade, paying MSRP when the R arrives …. I’m just a regular guy that found my local dealership has some integrity…

I did the same exact thing back in july. sad thing is you still paid a adm you just did not realize it at ths time. your 22 37pkg acv was worth 95-97k back in july. so your dealer held back on the acv ( actual cash value ) and showed you msrp. the amount deducted from $95,000 to the value you were given = Dealer profit or adm however you look at it. how i know i had multiple dealers give me a trade value of $86-88k on trade ( before i made a deal on my R )at that time and my truck was a 21 37pkg with 12k miles (original msrp was 81k$)

so simple math equation here. dealer offers you msrp (86k)for your 37. the trade in acv is (96k) that equals = 10,000$ profit / adm because the dealer under allowed you on your trade.

Last edited: